hpi savage 4.6x with lrp ZR .32 engine

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisLizar

HELLO ALL,
I RECENTLY PURCHASED A LRP ZR .32 ENGINE, I TRANSFERRED THE CLUTCH BELL,CLUTCH SHOES, FLY WHEEL AND ENGINE MOUNT FROM MY SAVAGE TO THE NEW ENGINE. THE ISSUE IN HAVING IS THAT THE SERVO THROTTLE LINKAGE USED TO CONNECT EASILY TO MY CARB. NOW THE CARB( LITTLE NIPPLE MAY I CALL IT) THAT GOES CONNECTED WITH THE THROTTLE SERVO LINKAGE IS ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE ENGINE

Loosen off the pinch bolt that holds the carb tight. Remove the carb, re position it they way you need it. Some carbs can be tough to slide out, just don't pry on it with a screwdriver or anything. Little twisting and pulling and it should come

The cinch bolt "nut" is a two part threaded nut/unthreaded sleeve that has a crescent shape cut into it. The half on the bolt head side doesn't have threads. The other half does. As you tighten the cinch screw, the two halves of the crescent pull together and bite into the neck of the carb.
lascg5363.jpg

Usually, loosening the cinch isn't enough to break it loose. I typically back the cinch bolt out a couple turns, then push on the screwdriver really hard to force the opposing side of the cinch away from the carb. Then I gently twist the carb in the direction of the cinch screw head to break loose the other side of the crescent.

Let us know how that .32 does! Couple of us looking to go LRP soon and have been debating .28, .30 or .32

Will do, just ran the first tank today to break in the engine

One more question for you guys, do you think I should upgrade to a 3 speed transmission ? It's way more power and speed on this lrp .32

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    183.5 KB · Views: 10
One more question for you guys, do you think I should upgrade to a 3 speed transmission ? It's way more power and speed on this lrp .32
Three speed are a bit of work to get set up to shift properly, and you have to take the top off the transmission to adjust one of the shift points. If you don't mind spending the time wrenching, they are a little quicker on acceleration, also they offer a high-speed third gear option which is pretty fast on the top end. If you do decide to get one make sure your running it in the x-style housing. For easier access to the shift points for set up.

Before a three speed, I'd upgrade rims and tires. Best/easiest thing to do to handle and use the power of that new engine

@Bauerdog is right about the X-style housing. I ran a 3-speed before they came out with that housing (in a Savage 25) and getting it set up right was a bit of a pain. Once it was done, though, AWESOME.

Hey guys finished breaking in the engine, runing at its temperature perfectly. I just can't figure out how to make the savage wheelie, I haven't played around with the lsn needle. I don't know if my HPi polished exhaust has anything to do with it. Any ideas?

I'm runing with the 2 speed transmission that came with the savage. It's actually shifting pretty well

if it's wheelies you want. I agree with Francis, first thing I would do would be to make sure your slipper clutch is nice and tight. Get your engine tuned perfect. If it still won't lift the front wheels, like rooky was saying, look into your clutch bell/ spur gearing. Bigger spur or a smaller clutch bell will give you more torque. Get those rpms to the tires faster. But buy increasing gearing you will loose a little off your top speed. Traction can play a huge part in the wheelie game too. Mine just lights up tires on the dirt road where I live, but will flip right over on asphalt.

Just got a lrp. 32 waiting for a few more parts and figure out the steering and then on to the break in. I've read so many ways on break in what's the best one now days?

Just got a lrp. 32 waiting for a few more parts and figure out the steering and then on to the break in. I've read so many ways on break in what's the best one now days?
There's a few threads on 'heat cycling' here, from what I understand that is the best way for a break in.

Everything is what the savage came with originally except I now have a 47 Tooth metal spur gear

Guys on my lrp .32 engine does it matter what brand spark plug to use? I bought a different brand other than lrp and had a hard time with my savage today.

Plugs vary. Any time you change a plug, you're liable to have issues. That said, if you used the same heat range plug, you should be ok.
I recommend OS plugs if you can get them.

Plugs vary. Any time you change a plug, you're liable to have issues. That said, if you used the same heat range plug, you should be ok.
I recommend OS plugs if you can get them.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    106.4 KB · Views: 22
My LRP28's run just fine with odonnel purple (medium heat) plugs and 25% nitro.

HELLO ALL,
I RECENTLY PURCHASED A LRP ZR .32 ENGINE, I TRANSFERRED THE CLUTCH BELL,CLUTCH SHOES, FLY WHEEL AND ENGINE MOUNT FROM MY SAVAGE TO THE NEW ENGINE. THE ISSUE IN HAVING IS THAT THE SERVO THROTTLE LINKAGE USED TO CONNECT EASILY TO MY CARB. NOW THE CARB( LITTLE NIPPLE MAY I CALL IT) THAT GOES CONNECTED WITH THE THROTTLE SERVO LINKAGE IS ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE ENGINE
Hi ive recently purchased a used savagle xl with the lrp .32 spec 2 engine but cant start it any help please

New glowplug
charge the ignitor

Most problems with starting are because of a worn out glowplug..
New glowplug
charge the ignitor

Most problems with starting are because of a worn out glowplug..
Thanks for replying i have charged the igniter and glow plug is brand new, i have tested the glowplug out of the carb and its a very bright glow. I have got it at factory setting hsn 4.5 lsn 4.1/4 correct me please if I'm wrong.
The carb has a opening of 1mm. Please can you tell me how to get it started.
thanks

Members online

Back