Hpi Nubzs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crash

HPI #4926 Mounted Nubz Tire 143x68mm S Compound on Dish Wheel Black
HPI PRICE $50.00 set of two
E BAY PRICE $38.00 set of two
4926_02m.jpg

4925_07m.jpg

4925_11t.jpg
THIS IS WHAT HPI SAID,HPI Racing is proud to introduce the next level of Savage and truggy performance: Mounted Nubz Tires! The Nubz tires feature an innovative narrow design for accurate steering response and quick acceleration on the track. The high performance rubber compound is soft and sticky, optimized for high grip on dirt tracks. The rounded contour allows consistent traction on uneven surfaces, high grip in the corners, and low resistance on straightaways. The race-tested Nubz tread pattern and soft compound rubber provide superior grip on dirt surfaces for fast lap times. Internal tire ribs allow the use of soft compounds while adding strength to the tire for extreme durability and helping avoid deformation at high speeds. The included precision molded inserts fit perfectly inside the tires, providing accurate support. No trimming necessary! Specially designed dish wheels have a horizontal wheel groove which isolates the glue joint from centrifugal force, increasing the life of the glue for less tire and wheel separation. Oversized 17mm hex design strenghtens the hub/wheel connection to prevent stripped wheels with powerful engines and during extreme driving. The wheel itself is molded from high strength nylon, and the lightweight Race-Fit dish design delivers sleek aerodynamics and protection from dirt. The overall weight of the mounted Nubz tires is 35% lighter than the stock Savage wheel and tire, delivering faster lap times and improved handling. Sold in pairs, the Nubz tires mounted and glued on dish wheels. Three different wheel colors are available: white, black and yellow. Nubz tires fit truggies and buggies that use 17mm hex hubs, and will fit the Savage when used with HPI 17mm Hex Hub Conversion Set (#87229) or HPI Universal Joints with 17mm hex hubs (#87230). For use with the Savage, it must be used with our 17mm Hex Hub adapter

THIS IS WHAT I SAID, I wanted to find a light weight wheel and tire combo that would reduce the stress to the drive train and try to reduce the side
roll and tire expansion you get with most monster truck tires.
I tried dirt bonz first, good tires for sure. But, after a gallon they started to get alot of expansion and alot of
side roll.
So, I tried the HPI NUBZ, my first impression of these when I opened the box was, wow these are small. I put
them on the savage, wow they still looked too small.
6wheelrctruck023.jpg

After the first run with this setup I was in love. Yes they look too small, yes they slow the truck down do to
the diameter. but they are really cool
My savage acts like a buggy now. turns twice as fast. smooth street acceleration with no ballooning. Very
sticky rubber, they hook up in the street like slicks. o 'ya!
I can honestly say this is the best my savage has ever handled.
I have ran these through theyre paces too.
I jumped the savage into the creek and the tires took in no water and kept the savage above water long enough to retreave it.
I broke a c hub with no damage to wheel.

hpisfreviewpics017-1.jpg

I would highly reccomend these, they are designed for serious dirt track racing which translates to a all round good combo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great review crash. They are a great set of tires, especially for cornering and working the track whether it be dirt or grass.

Good job. I believe that setup is borrowed from the hellfire. I will try my hellfire wheels and tires on savage.

thanks bud

Good job. I believe that setup is borrowed from the hellfire. I will try my hellfire wheels and tires on savage.

Thanks,
yes the hellfire ss comes with nubz

great review crash!!!! i have contemplated buying those for a long time but haven't heard much about how good they are till now so thanks for the review, I'm thinking a early christmas gift for myself lol

Great review bud I've seen Lifter run these wheels thay are awesome. more than likely my next upgrade. thanks for the review crash

Yes another nice review Crash!I wish I had read this before I bought a set with some "spare money"awhile ago.I didn't realize the size difference.However,and I do not mean to talk negatively,I personally was disappointed with these wheels and tires because I bash only and the terrain that I mostly run on is not smooth and has rocks and even boulders(to scale of course).The smaller size lowers ride height which is great for handling and racing as you said but not for the ground clearance issues that I need in my neck of the woods,just my 2 cents,Dave.

THANKS FX!

I will be checking those out. they look sweet

bc16df01da21845aa8e5cd1da475f3a0.jpg

PRO-LINE CRIME FIGHTER

Great review Crash, I have been looking for some tires and realy considered them and I think now my mind is made up, size doesn't always mean anything sometimes u get the best from something u would never expect. :resp:

The weight difference would make a big difference. I am going to need a new set of wheels and tires for my electric savage once if finally gets finished. These look perfect and not a bad price either.

I'll be looking at those too Fxstrongside.

Last edited by a moderator:
nubzsupdatepics004.jpg

nubzsupdatepics003.jpg

nubzsupdatepics002.jpg

STILL LOVN THE NUBZS

The only thing I have that will stick in the cold weather

Latest posts

Members online

Back