HPI Charger Body

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NLMD

Okay. I have painted a lot of bodies in the past but I am prepping an HPI Charger Body and I was thinking about cutting off the blower and installing the piece to make the hood flat. Is there a better way of attaching the flat hood part to the body? They show using double-sided sticky tape to hold it in place and with the abuse that I put my truck through I don't think it will hold up that way. Any suggestions or past experiences are welcome! Thanks!

If you have the Cuda body it has the same blower on it.

I am in the experimental stages of the same concept(Headlights to a porsche Cayenne) I read a pit tip that said use a strip of drywall tape to cover the gap and cover with shoe goo! This sounds like a pretty strong combination. I am currently using canopy glue but the truck is on the shelf right now. I will need something stronger when it gets bashed! My LHS carries shoe goo in stock!I will let you know when I finish mine.

I got the piece that will fill the hole, it comes in the mold of the body.

Does Shoo-Glu dry clear and paintable? and can you get it to lay smooth?

I wish there was a way to melt it together and have it still look good.

shoo-goo is some of the strongest stuff i've seen for bodies, if you let it dry and its a good tube. it drys clear and stays a little flexible so it wont crack or break off in a bad wreck. Half of my digger body is being held together with shoo goo:) lol.

I checked a few sporting goods/shoe stores and I can't find any shoo goo. Any suggestions?

Thanks guys. I went to Target last night, they didn't have it. But, I found it at Holabird Sports. Thanks guys!

Latest posts

Members online

Back