hpi bullet st 3.0 issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zhunt7861

I was driving my bullet st today than out of no where I lost power to my rear wheels. Nothing is missing and nothing appears to be broke. Any ideas??

Not sure there, maybe look for a drive cup loose on the shaft or something.... a couple pix would be helpful here I am thinking

Host them at photobucket and use img code to load onto the page

I picked it up and spun the spur gear and the front wheels spin and the rear wheels make a slight moment but that's it

If I spin the rear tires..the main driveshaft moves but there is no tension they just free spin

cellphone pix lose so much it is difficult to see much, but if ya have a manual go to the maintenance section and read up, check all the drive cups for loose set screws and start there

If it was the rear diff wouldn't that not spin the rear driveshaft?

first thing is gonna be to Get the manual somehow, otherwise unless you are very experienced I don't think you better tear it down, but it sounds like either a diff cup is loose or the differential is broken

Ok I took out the rear end and split the case and there was a set screw on the big gear inside I then tightened that down so now the cups are both spinning. Now the cup at the front of the rear main dogbone isn't catching. Is there a set screw in there too?

Latest posts

Members online

Back