HPI Big Bore shock question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

f1n3sse

When HPI refers to their aluminum big bore shocks that means that the shock bodies are aluminum correct? or does this refer to the color of the shock body as the big bore sport shocks are black plastic. I received my big bores today stated in the auction as "brand new in box, aluminum big bore shocks" and received plastic bodied used shocks with old dirty shock oil inside. please let me know.

AJ

When HPI refers to their aluminum big bore shocks that means that the shock bodies are aluminum correct? or does this refer to the color of the shock body as the big bore sport shocks are black plastic. I received my big bores today stated in the auction as "brand new in box, aluminum big bore shocks" and received plastic bodied used shocks with old dirty shock oil inside. please let me know.

AJ

Sounds like you may have gotten shafted and received the cheapo flux BB's. Here is what the Aluminum BB's look like.

DSCN1882-1-1.jpg

DSCN1884-1-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
wow i would peeved i cant blame you for trying to get to the bottom of it!! good luck!!.....

I'm a nub..I did get the aluminum bodied shocks but I did not get those wrenches, or any other hardware....I guess new in box has a new meaning these days

They wrenches are nice, but not necessary. Did you get all the optional shock pistons and preloads?

nope no hardware. looks like just the standoffs and some plastic bushings. I have a ton of screws and nylocks so mounting them isn't an issue. I got them for $50 shipped which is a pretty good deal considering. I'm trying to get the guy to give me back $10. It's not about the money it's about the principle. I watched for a long time to get these shocks and already sent out my lst2s so ill keep them. at first touch and glance that aluminum looks and feels like plastic.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Members online

Back