HPI #77065 High-Speed Gears - Recalled!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doesgo

I just received a call from our distributor and HPI is recalling the #77065 high-speed gear sets. I was told full replacement sets will be sent out for all of them, and it sounds like the replacements will go through the dealers. They're not exactly sure when the new sets will be on their way, but he did say "soon." Hopefully that means in the next few days.

We'll be shipping out replacement sets to everyone who ordered the #77065 from us, obviously free of charge. No need to return the first set.

This information was sent to me:

The first batch of gears where slightly thicker than the standard 3rd speed gear, ..02 inches thicker.

When you look at the picture, the original gear is on the left. If you look at the center of the gear where the bearing is supposed to be located, you can easily see the difference in thickness.

77065problem.jpg

well at least they got these recalled and new ones are at least on their way.. I was going to go and buy a X trans case with 3 speed updated gears, now I'm glad I waited as well..

Thanks again bruce for the heads up and for covering our losses!!!

I had emailed them about this cause I have 2 sets, they are sending my a replacement gear for one, then the other later

here is a paste of the email

I have one gear left which I can send you and ones we get more updates ones then I’ll be able to send the other.

Thanks

Customer support

I had sent another email about the eta for the second gear and got this

At the moment I don’t have a ETA but as soon as we get them one will automatically sent out.

Thanks

Customer support

Cool. I'm really, really glad they're taking care of their customers directly, too.

its too bad stuff like that happens but its nice to see people going out of there way to keep there customers happy!!!:resp:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back