how to tell the difference between the F4.1 and F4.6

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blown68ssrs

I know the Nitro Start S25 has 25 casted in the block. How about the F4.1 and F4.6? Thanks

some of the other guys can tell which is which just by looking. I am kinda new to the savage platform myself. and just know there were several iterations of the :ercm: in all versions of the truck.....

I do know the 4.6 v2 is a totally different block, crank, piston and sleeve and all, the head is different and sits down lower on the block to lower the cg of the truck some.... and the case is black in color vs the 4.1 being natural colored alloy

Pictures just don't illustrate the differences well in most cases to me, maybe is my old :eyes: :D

Reason I asked is, I bought an used "f4.6" and the truck goes the same as my S-25. Not big deal. Only paid 40 for it and it came with the roto start and backplate.
I will put my S-25 back it and take a grinder to it to open up the ports.

Just noticed the difference in the number of fins in the head 11 vs 12.
My new used engine is a 4.1. No wonder it goes just like my S-25.

F4.1 went into savages that sold in Europe
on the 4.1 if you look under the head at those fins that cover the sleeve area.you will notice they are bigger than any of the other hpi engines(.25, F4.6 K 4.6).
ALSO, the 4.1 usss a .25 sized head and head button and it uses a .25 crank and bearings will not accept 4.6 bearings or crank.but a .25 crank will work
I have not fired my rebuilt f4.1 yet and probably wont, hell, it may not even run...lol. when i recieved it, i had a very difficult time identifying it but i did manage to do so with alot of research

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back