how to install this hpi tuned pipe?

pelicanprentice

hello, i had this tuned pipe laying around and want to install it . my truck is a savage x 4.6
i am confused on how to install it. i see the pipe and then i see the header thing with the rubber or whatever coupler thing on it.
however the side from the exahust is too large, like i don't understand how to install

am i supposed to shove the exhaust into the rubber coupler and stretch it out? any video or explanation?

thx

Attachments

• IMG_1876.jpeg
    IMG_1876.jpeg
    434.7 KB · Views: 15

Jabbo

Well..yes, just press it into silicone coupler. Install it on the truck and then zip tie it correctly so pipe sits nicely(without pressure) on pipe holder.
EDIT: If coupler is stiff and its hard to press it in, then use some lubricant (oils etc) so you wouldnt damage the coupler.

ELWOOD

HPISF Supporter
@pelican
I THOUGHT YOU WERE LOOKING FOR A "QUIETER PIPE ".

recommendations for quieter pipe/muffle for savage x 4.6?​

THAT "TUNED PIPE" WILL BE LOUDER THAT THE STOCK PLASTIC ONE.

pelicanprentice

i didnt get the metal mounting hangar screw thingy and i stopped at the LHS and they don't have one either. any tips on how to keep it secure? i was thinking on getting some metal zip ties so they don't melt, looking for other mounting options

thx

olds97_lss

HPISF Supporter
@pelican
I THOUGHT YOU WERE LOOKING FOR A "QUIETER PIPE ".

recommendations for quieter pipe/muffle for savage x 4.6?​

THAT "TUNED PIPE" WILL BE LOUDER THAT THE STOCK PLASTIC ONE.
I thought the tuned pipe was similar to the stock composite. The HPI ringed pipe was LOUD LOUD LOUD though. I can't recall if I ever ran the HPI composite pipe... always had one of the HPI Polished Tuned ones around, and it had quite a bark to it. The HPI ringed pipe nearly deafened me. lol!

fuelfather

i didnt get the metal mounting hangar screw thingy and i stopped at the LHS and they don't have one either. any tips on how to keep it secure? i was thinking on getting some metal zip ties so they don't melt, looking for other mounting options

thx
In a pinch while waiting for parts to come in, I have used a coat hanger bent to the shape needed, and drilled the base of the factory plastic exhaust mount. Ran it until it broke........that was many, many, many, many years ago. I took the savage out of moth ball status, and realized i still hadn't used the mount I ordered.

Latest posts

Members online