How to dismount wheels?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tiago A.S

Hi,
I bought a second handed HPI Savage X 4.6 Big block monster truck.
Now I am trying to take the wheels out in order to clean it, but I don't know how.
I already took the outside nut, but the wheel does not come off. Is there another screw somewhere ? how do we dismount the wheels ?

thanks

Hi, they should come right off! Thats the risk with second hand radio control. At least with the standard setup of axle, pin, hub, and wheel assembly. Even if the wheel is stuck to the hex hub both pieces would come off and the pin fall right out and get lost.

Some times I have put a drop of loctite on the nut to secure it in place it could have been done to this truck causing the wheell to stick due to it oozing between rim and hex just put a little more pressure on it when pulling it should break free.

Good call griff... but why isnt the hex just falling off. That would take a lot of loc tite. Heylet us know what you find. Maybe the hex is half stripped into the wheel and stuck there.

some times i have to tap on the back of the wheel a little with a screw driver handle

Grab the wheel/tire firmly and GENTLY tap on the threaded axle you took the nut off of with a hammer. It should pop off. If it doesn't, don't hit it harder because it will damage the threads.

Members online

No members online now.
Back