How to choose LiPo?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"s" stands for "cells". so, 2s is 2 cells. u are seeing "c", wich is how fast the current makes it from point a to point b. I would suggest a c rating of no lower than 30-35. I would suggest a hard case, wich is when the battery is in a hard plastic casing. onyx, traxxas, turnigy, venom, spc, smc, all are great batteries. I use an imax b6ac+ charger. does that ansewer ur question?

"s" stands for "cells". so, 2s is 2 cells. u are seeing "c", wich is how fast the current makes it from point a to point b. I would suggest a c rating of no lower than 30-35. I would suggest a hard case, wich is when the battery is in a hard plastic casing. onyx, traxxas, turnigy, venom, spc, smc, all are great batteries. I use an imax b6ac+ charger. does that ansewer ur question?

Actually.....The C rating is the capacity. It is used to calculate the maximum continuous discharge of the battery. To get this you multiply the mAh rating by the C rating.

For example. If you have a 11.1 3S battery pack rated at 5000mAh and 35C your maximum continuous discharge is the following: 5000mA = 5A , 5A x 35= 175A maximum continuous discharge.

Reactions: Jr.
whoops. thx x. like i said, @griff7373 , dtx onyx, traxxas, venom, spc, smc, turnigy, all are great packs. 5000mah 35c would be the smallest i would go.

"s" stands for "cells". so, 2s is 2 cells. u are seeing

But on the note of cells there will be 3 in these.... 2 in series which is where the s comes from and 1 in parallel, which for some reason the manufacturers kinda just ignore.... so there are 3 cells in a 2s pack.....

Great thank you for the help. I have 2 in my cart that X recommended they are 2S can I get a recommendation on a charger, I would prefer one that has the balance board and can also charge and discharge NiMH along with Lipos.

But on the note of cells there will be 3 in these.... 2 in series which is where the s comes from and 1 in parallel, which for some reason the manufacturers kinda just ignore.... so there are 3 cells in a 2s pack.....

Not all batteries have parallel cells. Only batteries that have need for high capacity. Usually you will see this noted as, for example, "2s2p".

Sadly I'm not much help on the charger since you want a combined unit. I use a quite old charger for my NiMH batteries and a separate newer charger for my lipos.

OK I have 2 chargers for my NiMH but was looking to consolidate ;) what would you recommend for just the LIPOs

Not all batteries have parallel cells. Only batteries that have need for high capacity. Usually you will see this noted as, for example, "2s2p".

Thanks for clearing that up for me.... I am not that "up" on LiPo batteries as I have not invested in the time needed to learn all the tech on them.... I guess more reading for the Old Guy is in order :D

Thanks for clearing that up for me.... I am not that "up" on LiPo batteries as I have not invested in the time needed to learn all the tech on them.... I guess more reading for the Old Guy is in order :D

That's the truth when my old but put all my stuff on the shelf years ago LIPOs where just starting to get popular so I have no experience with them.

If you're not learning, you're not living!

No one knows everything. It's always nice when people can admit that without getting defensive.

Ya the way I understand LiPo's don't suffer voltage loss nearly as fast as nicd or NiMH do, so ya only have to do 1 at a time and if ya need 2 it is ok for the one to sit and wait a bit for the 2nd to get charged up......

back with Nicd racing days I usually scheduled my packs to be ready right before my race so I had maximum voltage.....

i was very surprised at how well made the charger is, i wasnt expecting much as i bought it for cheap, its easy to use too, most of all it works well

look it up on youtube ... :)

Cool thanks for all the help now I can get my EXO running once everything gets here and I will not be so concerned when I look at an electric vehicle again. It's hard to teach an old dog new tricks, some days I miss the old NI-CD batteries. Please keep in mind my first nitro was an RC10GT the first generation. :p

Hey Griff, I am Probably a little late here, but I use that Onyx 245 and haven't had any problem with it. I Like being able to charge two at once, and of course, if you are running a Savage or anything else with two batteries, you really do need it.

:)I know I'm a little late here, but this is the battery I've been running and I seem to get a little more run time, and I think a little mre speed out of it with the higher amperage and C rating.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/...C_Hardcase_Lipo_Pack_ROAR_BRCA_Approved_.html

And you sure can't beat the price. I've noticed on that site, if you click something to look at and stay on it for a while, you will get a window offering it to you for less if you buy right now.

Yep I ended up going with the onyx I have had good luck with there chargers in the past and just couldn't bring myself to use another brand. I still have it sitting in the box in my garage right now I am in the middle of all my spring house projects. Redoing the garage and laying new flooring in the house going to be a fun spring.

Latest posts

Members online

Back