How many use a Fail Safe

How many use a Fail Safe or Transmitter with failsafe.

• I use an In-line fail safe.

Votes: 24 49.0%
  • I have a digital receiver with fail safe built in.

Votes: 17 34.7%
  • Whats a fail safe.

Votes: 8 16.3%

• Total voters
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XXX

I was curious on how many people ran a fail safe, or used a receiver/transmitter built in fail safe like Spektrum and Futaba transmitters.

Edit: Sorry its late just got off work and forgot to add the option for I don't use either on the poll, my apologies.

Last edited by a moderator:
Need an option for no failsafe so I can vote! I do not run one now as my savy isn't running anyways. As soon as she's back up, I will either buy an inline or get a radio that has one in it. I've been lucky this far but as I plan to drop some serious cash, it would be dumb to leave this simple necessity out.

I guess the way I look at a fail safe is not to save your R/C but for safety to others this way the truck wouldnt run off full board into some kid playing in the park next door or whatever. don't get me wrong it is there to help save your pride and joy to but I'm no opinion its more for safety.

fing~failsafe? is anything really?
ive had 2 runaways 1 resulted in catastofic money spent jk. and the other ,
minor body damage.
soo the failsafe sparked my interest
i purchased the spectrum w/the built in safe. don't know how WELL it works yet but ill keep you posted.

It should be fine either channel hopping or 2.4Ghz as they will get away from much more interfierance in the first place and the failsafe is an extra secerity with these remotes.

I use the Futaba 3PM and I love it.The second day of running my truck just came to a stop and idled,at first I freaked out because I forgot about the failsafe.I had a TC3 with a wasp 18 in it,after I had antenna failure it took off full speed, fortunately it went into a grass embankment,That could have caused serious bodily harm at 52 miles an hour.Please do dot run near children or pets without one.

After losing an engine to low batteries (my first nitro ever, back in 2002) and my touring car running away and landing on the rocks less than a foot from the edge of the lake, I always use a failsafe now, mostly OFNA micro inline units.

I installed the fail safe not even a week ago and I'm glad I did. Apparantly the while I was out trolling around the park my antenna was ripped off/out... it would STOP if it where just a few feet away from me.. At first I forgot I had the fail safe and thought it was the batteries going bad... after a closer inspection I noticed I had NO antenna. Just think how ugly that could have gotten in a hurry!

Best 30 bucks I ever spent.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

ok i know this might be a total noob quetion but a fail safe stops the car/truck from going and doing something not intended but how, do u pull a pin or what??

A fail safe is protection when you loose signal or something interfiers with your signal. They hook between the throttle servo and the rx. basicly you set it to where you want it usually some into brakes and leave it there this way when something interfieres with your signal or you loose it for some reason batterys die in remote or what ever the truck will not go to wide open throttle it will go to brakes. This is a safety item or some say r/c protection. I think of it more as a safety device for the reason your truck cant take off and hit some one or something and wreck it, it is also a protection device to protect your expensave investment if thats what you want to call it as it will not let the truck run into a tree at full speed or let it run into water or whatever. I will link a few here and you can see them from there.

They are well worth your money, most digital remotes have them built in. Also some stock ones do to like the HPI Baja B5 has a built in Fail safe.

I hope this helps.

Do not have a fail safe yet.. but it is the top of my to get list. Still looking around to see what would be the best one to get, but I guess at least having one is better than not having it at all.

thanks larsen that really helped I'm kinda a beginner to this stuff so please exquse my noob quetions, i joined this forum because the guy at my lhs is a **** and doesnt like me sooo ya i don't even have a truck yet it one is in the works lol

The fail safe is the best money i have ever spent in all my trucks I've had trucks take off on me and then bam it stops just like that

Latest posts

Members online

Back