How many of you have HPI Baja B5's??

Do you have a B5?

• Total voters
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larsenracing

Manufacturer
Allright I just wanted to see of all you people who has a Baja B5's??

Select an option in the Poll!

Be Honest if you want show some picts of your below and list some hop-ups.

it should be sitting in my living room in the next few weeks as I'm only $100 bucks away from buying it lol... man its been a long few months saving money lmao

On mine I run the Walbro race carb, TGN Race pipe #fd170 which is insane, headlight kit, 8K clutch set, Darksoul rear axal extenders to get rid of the rear wheels wearing on the lower a-arm, Hostile MS knob tires and soon to have the Drift box or simular. We will also be upgrading the motor before to long as its the stock RTR motor and soon to have lots of PlatinumRCProducts parts on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am assuming that's a 5B you are talking about. I want one BAD!!

I just bought a RTR and switching out a lot of parts on it. Ain't knowbody say it's cheap. Will take pic of it and all the stuff to put on it.

get luck finding an SS in stock for a decent price,

thats my only problem, lol.

Plan on getting one though

get luck finding an SS in stock for a decent price,

thats my only problem, lol.

Plan on getting one though

i know your not in canada hpi_savage25 but great hobbies has them in stock all the time almost!! i think they have the ss on for $950 or something like that and the rtr is like $40 dollars more or close to that!!

I am waiting for DDM to get them in stock,

it shows $900 but use the code on the baja forums and it brings it down to $850 and you get free shipping. %5 off all orders.....

]-[0pa]0ng;58015 said:
I just bought a RTR and switching out a lot of parts on it. Ain't knowbody say it's cheap. Will take pic of it and all the stuff to put on it.

Sorry Brian I'm trying to get my CF parts designed as soon as I can. I'm still hopping to cut this saturday (3/29/08). I will keep you informed.

Heres one of mine.

CHSand1.JPG

I don't. And not to be the odd one of the bunch, I actually don't really want one. Don't get me wrong, they kick butt, but I guess it's just not for me. I'll buy something smaller first. :)

I don't. And not to be the odd one of the bunch, I actually don't really want one. Don't get me wrong, they kick butt, but I guess it's just not for me. I'll buy something smaller first. :)

I'm with ya AoD. They're cool. Just have no interest in having one of my own.

Last edited by a moderator:
I felt the same way about the Baja. I started with the 1st Savage bought another spent yrs changing them ( Still changing them ) amd have loved every minute of it. I wanted something different. I'm an HPI die hard and probably will never change from HPI. So the next step was the Baja.

I love the smell of nitro the sound they make. I can't get over the size of the Baja and how fast they can be if done correctly.

Rob-
That is one sweeet body You had done. Who painted that body for you by the way? ROb sells top quality products, chalked full of information to help you get to the next level. I have his lower rear arms and front tower. He also makes the best wheels I've seen period. I won 2 set of them for the Savage. One Day I'll own a set for the Baja ( Zylinks ). I like to see the Zylinks on a set of HH slicks.

That's the beauty of this Sport, there's something for eveyone at any level.

Hop

Mostly.. I want a savage.. In 1/18th scale.. Yeah, just as tough! That'd be one awesome mini! I love the savage, I won't ever buy a baja though. I like watching them for sure, but it's just not my bowl of peas. :)

And yeah man, that body is WICKED!

I don't have one right now, but one day I would like too. The Hobbytown in my area has the Imex gasser and it looks good, but the Baja looks alot better. Unless I go with a MCD that 4wd. Don't know yet.

That baja wasn't at rcx was it? I remember seeing a photo of one that looked very similar at rcx.

Or was it in a mag? I swear I have seen it too. Maybe just similar though.

Sweet none-the-less!! :jamout:

my buddy has a 5B

i drove around my buddys new HPI Baja 5B. its a solid rig and lots of fun to drive. you need to much room to drive it though when in grass. on pavment or dirt you can slide the back end around / do a little drifting. on the grass though it wasn't happening cause the ground was bumpy and such.

not to loud, and pretty darn quick. i had my savage that day with a busted front diff, i took the front dog bones out and locked one side just so i could drive a bit with him. i'd image when he gets it tuned it will be pretty darn quick.

i still gotta take my savage apart and see if i need to replace the bevel gear. prob not, but i got a shoping cart full of stuff from tower waiting to be bought.:jamout:

i would sell my wife for baja, not really but you get the idea...shes too hot to get rid of lol

Latest posts

Members online

Back