How do I safely go 5s?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluesox_68

Hey guys I am looking into going 5s but I don't know how to go about doing it, All I have read so far is that it needs to be good quality LiPo's so no zippy's lol but is it just a good 2s and a good 3s with the same mah and C rating? Thanks guys

you need to have the same C rating and mah then 2s and 3s. also need to have a charger that can charge the packs in sync. the hyperion 615 is a nice one! its expensive but its all in what you want.

don't think so but don't take that as gospel. fred and bank are running 5s (someday) :dunno:so they will chime in I'm sure.

you don't have to sync but you need a hi quality charger for sure. all the other info is correct and not crappy cells too. don't try this with zippys ... sorry zip likers... you looking at a good 230+ in packs

not really sure what battery quality has to do with running 5s? IMO there is no difference in 4s, 5s, or 6s. As long as the batteries are the same brand, mah, and c rating everything will be fine.....but that goes for running any 2 batteries together.

maxamps poop hyperian chargers :rock1:

I run MAXAMPS and they are top of the line. I have a 3 year 300 cycle warranty. It is a 3S, 5250MHA 45c/65c that last about 45 mins in the track. It gets warm but never hot and its a good match with the MMM and Blur. Most people talk down on it because of the price but if you look at all the top of the line batteries they all are about $100-$150.

Check out the additional information http://www.maxamps.com/warranty.php.

You pay for what you get. Cheap Batteries=poor performance and possibly fry motor and/or ESC. Between HPI and Traxxas they do the testing with SMC and MaxAmps batteries.

I run MAXAMPS and they are top of the line. I have a 3 year 300 cycle warranty. It is a 3S, 5250MHA 45c/65c that last about 45 mins in the track. It gets warm but never hot and its a good match with the MMM and Blur. Most people talk down on it because of the price but if you look at all the top of the line batteries they all are about $100-$150.

Check out the additional information http://www.maxamps.com/warranty.php.

You pay for what you get. Cheap Batteries=poor performance and possibly fry motor and/or ESC. Between HPI and Traxxas they do the testing with SMC and MaxAmps batteries.

and you had to pay extra for that warranty. But you are right, you do get what you pay for.....and you paid for LOTS of advertising, promotions, and a fancy sticker on your battery pack. The warranty isnt even included in thier rediculous prices. Maxamps ARE the most expensive lipos on the planet, but they ARE NOT the highest quality. Honestly you are the second person i have seen say anything good about maxamps. I just looked on thier site and your batteries cost $180+$18 for warranty+ whatever shipping is...that comes out to over $400 after shipping. I'm sorry you need to justify spending $400+shipping for your 2 batteries to run your truck. You paid Ferrari prices for a Honda.

I don't run electric MT's but I do have LiPo experience with my 450 heli and Blitz's. Why would you want to run 5S? The way I look at it you may as well just go 4S or 6S.

I don't run electric MT's but I do have LiPo experience with my 450 heli and Blitz's. Why would you want to run 5S? The way I look at it you may as well just go 4S or 6S.

i run 5s & its the perfect medium between 'not-enough-jam" & "total destruction"

its the sweet spot ;)

piccogirl

well, I only have two sets of lipos atm...maxamps 2s 60c 6500 mah and Flightmax (zippys)3s 30 c 5000mah. I have to run the maxamps first because if I run the zippys first 4s seems sooo slow! that being said 6s does get stupid fast sometimes. I just don't know if I can justify champagne prices on my beer budget. Do you really think the MaxAmps or other name brands are worth the extra dough?

i run 5s & its the perfect medium between 'not-enough-jam" & "total destruction"

its the sweet spot ;)

piccogirl

Yeah I could see that, but I just think if it were me I'd go 6S and just learn to control my trigger finger a little better LOL. You know the old saying, better to have and not need it, than need it and not have it. That's just my way of thinking, but like I said, I don't run electric so what do I know? LOL.

You can always control the settings on the MMM and Blur to work as good as the 4S. 4s is better for track racing and all around power control. 6s is for straight drag races. 5s i can not comment because I never tried it. All if not most lipos originate in asia and get sold in the US with company covers. So yes there are other no name packs out there but you have to do some researching of who are the makers and determine the quality. I no longer have the website that rates the manufactures who distributes to US companies to add their covers and sell for a 80% mark up price.

When it comes to lipos it is all a bunch of preference which decides which are best. Those who don't run max amps think there over priced, those who don't run Zippy or turnigy's think that there crap, and those who don't run SMC or Hyperion are stupid. lol! Guess which ones i use! (btw ive ran all of the above mentioned packs and the only ones i had trouble with were max amps. they swelled slightly, so i got rid of em.)

Members online

No members online now.
Back