How do I get the one way needle out of the owb?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fstndt

Hello my one way needle started slipping and i have a bunch of them, but how do i get it out of the owb first?1673625618472195389793928004322.jpg I'm not sure if it is actually called like that but how do i get the thing on the right out of the left owb, which holds it?

Hello my one way needle started slipping and i have a bunch of them, but how do i get it out of the owb first?View attachment 10850 I'm not sure if it is actually called like that but how do i get the thing on the right out of the left owb, which holds it?

Put the hex part inside a deep socket and lightly tap the inner part out with a smaller socket, use care reinstalling the new bearing so you don't bend the bearing carrier part....

If you heat the hex part up before re-installing the bearing it will make it go in alot easier, but personally I wouldn't mess around with this and just buy a complete new OWB.
Thanks, but I'll just try for now to get it out. Complete OWB's are actually pretty expensive compared to the inner needle🤷🏻‍♂️

Try as Jam1 exactly states take your time & it will be fine remembering to install it the correct way round!
By the way have you tried soaking & cleaning OWB first to see if that stops it slipping?

Try as Jam1 exactly states take your time & it will be fine remembering to install it the correct way round!
By the way have you tried soaking & cleaning OWB first to see if that stops it slipping?
Yeah i tried, it worked but when i assembled the savage it slipped🥲

That fair enough but they ani't that expensive

View attachment 10858
Yeah sorry but I only looked at amazon. But I tried searching on aliexpress, and i found this.
i'm pretty sure that it'll fit, I chose a 12mm version. amazon wanted €25. So thanks!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230123_203809_AliExpress.jpg
    Screenshot_20230123_203809_AliExpress.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 1
Yes it will do, just make sure you get one with a metal bearing cage, some of the cheaper ones have a plastic one and they break up pretty quick. The cage is the part inside the bearing that holds the rollers in place.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back