Hot Racing Hardened Stl Spiral Cut Ring-Pinion Gear

ajdragon

Hi

Did Hot Racing change the design of the Spiral Cut Ring-Pinion Gear? The first image is from HR, the second image is what I got.

Biddie_fiddler

HPISF Supporter
Did you buy an authentic part? I bought these from a non-authentic source and they were not the same.

They didn't exactly fit properly either, I have since swapped back to the stock hpi ones.

When I have the time to grind the spiral cut face I'll put them back. 😂

ajdragon

Hi

I got them from RC4ME.US, and I just found out they are the weaker inferior HSF299 version that was discontinued. Now I know why they where so inexpensive.

Last edited:

Biddie_fiddler

HPISF Supporter
I wonder if they are still stronger than the regular cut gears???
I used them in my savage for a while, could never get them to fit the diff housing perfectly so it was putting a lot of stress on the diff pinion bearings. They blew out a couple times... Though in saying that while they were in I never once stripped any gears...
They'd be good if you can get them to fit properly I reckon

SavageDarwin

I used them in my savage for a while, could never get them to fit the diff housing perfectly so it was putting a lot of stress on the diff pinion bearings. They blew out a couple times... Though in saying that while they were in I never once stripped any gears...
They'd be good if you can get them to fit properly I reckon
I recon that the spiral cut puts side loads on the bearing causing premature wear.

ajdragon

Hi

I'm Waiting on a responce from Hot Racing. Grinding is not a option, I paid nearly $100 for these two sets of gears and for that price you would think they would properly center the hole!

Last edited: