hot batteries!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

derikmills

Any reason why my batteries and and deans connectors get so hot? They never used too. Motor and esc aren't getting hot. Just deans connections and battery cases. Seems to be both sets of batteries too.

Resistance is the only reason for things to get hot, check all your connections for cold solder joints and such.....

Makes sense. I'm really terrible at soldering. I make it work, but it's ugly. Maybe that's my problem. Never noticed it before a couple days ago though. I'll check it out. Thank you for your suggestion. Any soldering tips are appreciated. Hehe

Get an iron at least 40 watt with a chisel tip and practice practice practice. use rosin core solder and always have a hot iron. practice is your best bet. I have been soldering for 40 years and it gets easier when you do it, take an old connector or motor and practice......
You can buy a decent iron at most hardware stores and they really don't cost that much at all.....

All I have is rising core and I have 180watt industrial gun, but I clearly don't know what I'm doing. Obviously need the practice.

Lose that soldering gun. Ace or True Value, Walmart, among many others sell an Iron for less than 20 bux and it outsolders a gun 100 to 1......
Rosin core is fine for most electrical duties, just make sure the joint is shiny and not dull which denotes a cold (more resistance) solder job.... as I said practice and practice some more..... post up a couple pics and lets see how it looks please......

I have a soldering iron too, but it's only 30 watts. I will look into a better one soon for sure. My solder joints are under heat shrink tubing but if you prefer I will certainly cut it off and just use electrical tape there instead. Also, longer wires create more resistance correct? Because my wires are double length. I used my flux blur deans connectors and wires and soldered them to the ends of the mamba monster 2 wires which obviously extends it quite a bit. Input on that would also be appreciated.

I have a soldering iron too, but it's only 30 watts. I will look into a better one soon for sure. My solder joints are under heat shrink tubing but if you prefer I will certainly cut it off and just use electrical tape there instead. Also, longer wires create more resistance correct? Because my wires are double length. I used my flux blur deans connectors and wires and soldered them to the ends of the mamba monster 2 wires which obviously extends it quite a bit. Input on that would also be appreciated.

No reason to cut off good shrink wrap, that is preferable to tape by a long shot.... as for the length of wiring I usually measure to the length needed and add an inch or so in case something needs worked on, but yes shorter more direct wiring does cut resistance and heat and also make a more nice looking job. just keep in mind to not go too short....

Solder joints and connectors are your enemy. The less of each you have, the better, regardless how good you are at soldering. So, if you had an extension soldered on to reach where you need to be, you may want to just buy some new wire so you can run where you need to with a little slack and no splicing.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back