Hitec X4 AC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Derekpike

I know this topic has been beat to death, but I'm thinking about getting a Hitec X4 AC. I currently have a Onyx 245 which does just fine, but doesn't have a storage mode. I'm currently only running 2S in my XS so the Onyx again is fine for that. My predicament is that I don't have much time to run and need to keep my batteries is storage "mode" (aka 3.7 volts) frequently. I know I can buy a discharger, but I just want to hit a button and be done. (other than watching to make sure it doesn't catch everything on fire of course).

So what does everyone think of the Hitec X4? I think it will be a charger that I won't have to buy another one because it charges up to 4 batteries at once and can go up to 6S unlike the Onyx 245. I'm open to suggestions, but think unless I hear a valid reason not to go with the Hitec that's the one I'm buying.

Keep in mind that it's only 50watt per charge port. Which is probably fine with 2s packs, but it won't quickly charge 3s+ packs. Then again, the Onyx 245 is only 40 watt, so if it does what you need, then the X4 should be fine as well.

I'm new to this LiPo stuff. When I gave my wife the Christmas list for the e-revo, I just added a traxxas charger and dual 3s packs that they sell as a package. Guess I'll be learning soon.

I was looking at that one too, but ended up just getting the package deal due to lack of chance that I can mess it up.

Keep in mind that it's only 50watt per charge port. Which is probably fine with 2s packs, but it won't quickly charge 3s+ packs. Then again, the Onyx 245 is only 40 watt, so if it does what you need, then the X4 should be fine as well.

I'm new to this LiPo stuff. When I gave my wife the Christmas list for the e-revo, I just added a traxxas charger and dual 3s packs that they sell as a package. Guess I'll be learning soon.

I was looking at that one too, but ended up just getting the package deal due to lack of chance that I can mess it up.
Yeah, right now I only have a single 2S LiPo. I'm just wanting to future proof things though so the next charger I buy will hopefully be the last. I'm new to RC and even newer to electric. I'll see if I can find a charger with more output than 50 watt per channel. Do you have any idea how much slower a 3S+ LiPo would charge at 50 watt?

This looks like it will do the trick. I'm sure it does storage mode, but can't find anywhere hat explicitly states it does.

Venom Pro Quad 400 Watt (100W x 4) 7 Amp 4-Port AC/DC Multi-Chemistry LiPo, LiHV, NiMH Battery Balance Charger with Two 5V 2.3A USB Outputs with XT60, Deans, HXT, Tamyia, EC3, JST https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01HZ1M2FM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_.4OdybSMN523Y

This looks like it will do the trick. I'm sure it does storage mode, but can't find anywhere hat explicitly states it does.

Venom Pro Quad 400 Watt (100W x 4) 7 Amp 4-Port AC/DC Multi-Chemistry LiPo, LiHV, NiMH Battery Balance Charger with Two 5V 2.3A USB Outputs with XT60, Deans, HXT, Tamyia, EC3, JST https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01HZ1M2FM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_.4OdybSMN523Y

I was looking at the 2 port version of that, but it was 40w per port.

Looks like amazon does list storage mode:
Intelligent Modes Including: Charge, Balance, Fast Charge, Storage, Discharge, and NiMH/NiCd Cycle.

I was looking at the 2 port version of that, but it was 40w per port.

Looks like amazon does list storage mode:
Intelligent Modes Including: Charge, Balance, Fast Charge, Storage, Discharge, and NiMH/NiCd Cycle.

I was looking at that one too, but didn't look closely enough to realize it was 80 for both. I just assumed (wrongly) that it was 80 x 2 since the 4 port was 100 x 4. Glad you caught that, because I didn't.

I was looking at so many chargers last night that I'm sure I didn't see that storage. That's my story anyway lol.

The two channel Venom does 80W x 2.

I have that charger and love it!
upload_2016-10-25_8-48-33.png

https://www.venompower.com/collecti...-7a-LiPo-lihv-NiMH-rc-battery-balance-charger

Thanks X. I'll probably end up getting the 4 port Venom and call it good. I looked at so many of them last night it got to the point I was overthinking things and not doing myself any good.

Thanks X. I'll probably end up getting the 4 port Venom and call it good. I looked at so many of them last night it got to the point I was overthinking things and not doing myself any good.

That's a good way to go. Would take alot to need to upgrade from that charger, so, unless it fails, you'll have it a long time.

That's a good way to go. Would take alot to need to upgrade from that charger, so, unless it fails, you'll have it a long time.
My coworker seems to think that the 20 amp of the turnigy would be better for charging ighe mah batteries like some of the new graphene ones. any thoughts on that?

Nevermind I see its DC and don't want to mess with getting an AC adapter.

Latest posts

Members online

Back