High performance clutch set-up

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crash

I am looking for a high performance clutch set-up

I have ran the Nova shoes and mugen spring already, I would like to try something different.

This will be a good place to list High performance clutch set-ups you have ran or maybe heard about. so, post up any ideas

thanks

Danny
:resp:

I run the Maxlife clutches on my trucks and love them they last 3to4 times as long as most alum setups.For the price you cant go wrong

]-[0pa]0ng;94018 said:
I'm looking for the same or a second clutch setup.

1. Reckward RMV Speed 3
2. Fioroni vario

Any info on these would be nice. Not sure if anyone has thired the Dynamite black alum shoes.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_info.php/products_id/10016

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_info.php/products_id/4670

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_info.php/products_id/20371

Trinity Extech

http://www.amainhobbies.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=trinity+clutch&x=6&y=10

i was actually just looking at the dynamite alum shoes and would love to hear anyones opinion on those as well!!!! plus i just saw a werks clutch system with the 4 shoe setup, does this work on a savage and i wonder how good they are!!

Last edited by a moderator:
i was actually just looking at the dynamite alum shoes and would love to hear anyones opinion on those as well!!!! plus i just saw a werks clutch system with the 4 shoe setup, does this work on a savage and i wonder how good they are!!

Question - what the quality, performance of the Trinity Extech clutch setup like? Sorry Crash didn't mean to jack your thread by asking a question..

NP Brian, thats why I started this thread and for my own personell gain.......lol

I went to order the Fioroni at Main and saw they are all back ordered.

OMG

sorry Brian went to qoute you and edited your post.

I'm sorry:duh:

OMG

sorry Brian went to qoute you and edited your post.

I'm sorry:duh:

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who does that lol since becoming a mod i've mistakenly edited posts instead of quoting them on a couple occasions now and had to go back and fix them!!

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who does that lol since becoming a mod i've mistakenly edited posts instead of quoting them on a couple occasions now and had to go back and fix them!!

I erased a paragraph of the owner of the sites post.

hop:stickspank:crash

ya thats the one i was curious about crash. its a interesting setup, but I'm waiting myself to maybe hear someones experience with this clutch system!! but its definately has me interested!!

Makes me wonder how that nut is held in. being able to tighten/loosen it for adjustments you know it ain't loctited. Could you possibly lose it? Is a good idea tho.

Makes me wonder how that nut is held in. being able to tighten/loosen it for adjustments you know it ain't loctited. Could you possibly lose it? Is a good idea tho.

exactly what i thought too

here are some pics:

imageswerksclutch.jpg

werksclutch2.jpg

so instead of loosening and falling out it'll tighten and mess up the set adjustment? hehe
I also thought of that and was going to put it in that post but I'm sure well I'm not sure but... if its on the market it works. how ever its done.

I wish John would step in to clarify this ( the install the engagement the wear ) over all performance of the Werks clutch.

Werks clutch is good. there is an o ring on it to keep it from getting tight and locking the clutches in engagement. You need a deeper clutch bell like the titanium ones from racers edge. the stock savage bells are 14mm and the shoes hang out the back. were is very good with almost 100% of the shoe touching the bell. I still put HPI loctite on it for extra protection but have had it on 4 engines with out an engagement issue. Right now it's on Brian's Novarossi .28 and works like a champ.

Werks clutch is good. there is an o ring on it to keep it from getting tight and locking the clutches in engagement. You need a deeper clutch bell like the titanium ones from racers edge. the stock savage bells are 14mm and the shoes hang out the back. were is very good with almost 100% of the shoe touching the bell. I still put HPI loctite on it for extra protection but have had it on 4 engines with out an engagement issue. Right now it's on Brian's Novarossi .28 and works like a champ.

thanks mega for your input, i think your endorsement of a product goes a long way so I'm thinking I'm gonna try the werks clutch setup!!!! and thanks for the info about needing a deeper clutch bell as I'm sure you saved alot of headaches there!! lol

get one of the racers edge bells and you will be fine. make sure to get a vented bell also. just got a set of rulon shoes for brian's to try but the black shoes were great with very little wear.

thanks mega for your input, i think your endorsement of a product goes a long way so I'm thinking I'm gonna try the werks clutch setup!!!! and thanks for the info about needing a deeper clutch bell as I'm sure you saved alot of headaches there!! lol

Shaun - I'd hold off for a bit on the werks setup. Just want to be sure it works well, holds up and last. If not it's money down the drain.

If you do the werks with the black shoes I know you'll be fine. the Rulon I don't know about yet. they are supposed to grab harder than the black shoes.

Very interesting, Great pictures. You will have to do a Review on them as you get a little run time on them.

By the way what gearing are you running they look pretty high(19/47?), are you going for speed?

thats not the bell that I will use

It doesnt fit with this clutch

I will start with 18/47

I need to find the proper bell, it doesnt cover the shoes and rubs on
the spur gear.

I am looking now for a bell.

Can you please post us some fresh pictures when your get the correct bell so we can see the difference between the to and how well it fits once received?

in actualality you still have to remove engine to adjust the clutch.

here it is, instalation was really easy. Much easier then your standard
3 shoe clutch.

need a diferent clutch bell as John said.
these high-perf clutches are becoming a hot topic around here; id like to see a review after you run it a bit & maybe a review on the 1 that bank & jr run & get info to see if the investment is worth it. looks impressive.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back