High heat

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Motha Trucka

I know it's hot throughout the whole country, I live south of Chicago and the temp here has been high 90's and reaching 100. I have'nt been running my truck because of the super high temps. I'm just woundering if you guys run your trucks in this kind of heat, or am I right not to run it when it's this hot!!??
Thanks,
Motha Trucka

We do sometimes. But it really does SUCK. We sweat just using the controller. And my truck dies!!!! My engine is bad enough with heat. If I ran it in air condition and tried to use it again it would still take like 20 minutes to cool down. I was using it outside before for about 20 minutes and the engine was smoking. It smelled so bad. And by the time I shut it off the truck was barley moving because it was so hot. So yeah, I hate the heat.

I don't run mine in the heat because I work outside for a living so when I get home I just still in the A/C and drink my homemade beer

you do have to retune for heat. i run in 90 degree heat most of the time. i live in south florida and when it dose cool off i need to retune for the colder air. heat is part of tuning in south fla. the sugar sand i run in also makes the engines run hotter [ thats one of the reasons the lower port engines work better down here] , the sts is a 3 port engine and dosent overheat in the sand or the heat like the stock 4.6 did. welcome to my world........... on engine tuning for the heat.........

Well guys I'm the opposite over here in sunny Scotland, It's that damn cold I have to constantly re tune my truck to keep it going!!!!LOL, could you guys just confirm that that slightly yellow thing behind the clouds is what the mighty ones call the SUN.:)

I belive so but watch out if you are out side when it is fully out... man it makes you all red, and hurts later. I live up in new england in the states, i got to retune every day becasue the weather is been so erratic this year one day it is hot (over 90) and the next day it will be down in the 70's

For the last week it's been in the high 90's and reaching 100 a few times, so I refriened from running my truck. Well the heat cycle is over, and now it's rainning cats and dogs, so I was reading over my manual this morning listening to the Bill Bennet show, they were talking about Gordon Lightfoots wierd lyrics to his songs and what they mean. Then Lightfoot comes on the radio, and he does'nt even know what his lyrics mean!! Then John McCain comes on and they start talking about Carefree Highway, and singing with the song, so I grab my guitar and start playing along as well!!?? Man I need a vacation, or at least wish this weather would straighten out so I can start doing something constructive like running my truck!!!
Motha Trucka

Hey guys/gals, I live in North Carolina and the heat here has been in the HIGH 90's, and feels like it is in the 100's!
I am having problems with the HEAT in my SS 4.6, I cannot keep the temps down, the truck is still fairly new, haven't run but maybe 6 tanks after break-in, and the truck wants to run close to 300 and I turn it off. What I can't seem to get is, to get 2nd gear, I know I have to lean it out to hit 2nd gear, but the heat is to high on the engine.
I have been running Wildcat 20% fuel, now my question to you all is, WHAT CAN I DO TO GET THE TEMPS DOWN, AND MAKE IT HIT 2ND???
Thank-you all that post answers to my question!

Wow the heat is INSANE. This is starting to get annoying. I think I'm going to wait 'till it cools down. We were RCing today and it was torcher just to be out there, let alone how much worse it's heating up the engine.

Latest posts

Members online

Back