Hey Reb, got a question for you...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

k0m0d067

just out of curiosity, your THS pipes...do they have a number embossed on the gaskets? I'm trying to find out why in God's name my new pipe won't fit on my .28...the THS box says "THS8025 1/8 Savage .25-28 Engine Exhaust", but both of the gaskets that came with it have the number 21 embossed on the back of them...if you could check yours and see if they are the same I'd appreciate it...

I just spent the last 1/2 hour trying to coax the exhaust manifold onto the exhaust port of my .28, even going as far as to lube it up with dish soap to try and slip it in, with the final result being actually cutting one of the gaskets in half between the manifold and port...it's my guess that maybe the wrong hardware kit ended up in the package, or the wrong label was put on it...either way, I'm absolutely furious, because I wanted to start breaking the engine in this coming weekend and now that doesn't look very likely...

let me know asap, and if it's the wrong hardware kit, I'll probably have to contact THS directly, as I doubt the eBay seller will handle the situation...

the other possibility is that I'm some sort of retard that can't install a simple exhaust gasket...

yeah, it won't fit over the gasket that comes stock on the .28...

just emailed them...their site is under construction, but I hope their customer service is good/fast...

You may have to get a thinner gasket. I used a purple HPI, but I went back and looked at it, it was kinda tight. No biggie though, there are many gasket sizes out there to choose. Good luck.

well, the ones that came with the pipe and manifold are MUCH thinner than the one that came with the Axial...I don't think you can get them much thinnner...

just spoke to a guy at THS...he said that the .21's, the .25's and the .28's all have the same size exhaust port, so it sounded like he was implying that it must be the Axial's fault, but when I tried it on my stock .25, same problem...

I guess my only other option is to take it to work, and try to open the manifold up a bit to make it fit...that SUX A$$!!!

i had a problem with my axial .28 and my rb manifold. it wouldnt fit on the gasket either.

i ended up swapping the axials stock gasket out for an rb one and it fits perfect.

well, about 2 hours of careful, slow dremel-ing (used a polishing bit at the end and cleaned it up nicely) it fits pretty tightly on the Axial's gasket...so, barring crappy weather, ON TO THE BREAKIN!!!

Latest posts

Members online

Back