Hex drivers?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pope

Looking to get some Hex drivers but don't want to spend a ton of cash on them but don't want junk either. Anyone got any good sudjustions?

i just use the one driver out of my socket set and switch the ends as needed. cheap and i have everyone ill ever need.

I have one set from Canadian tire and another set from the source both where under $20 and have had no issue as of yet

I have a set of Integy for standard and metric including the screw driver set and the glow plug one and the spring remover and love them. The TiNi is awesome, I have yet to replace any tip other than when I broke the .05" one when prying with it(My fault, Improper use) and they have removed thousands of screws and are at least 3 years old.

I would hand's down purchase another set.

I have a few of the Team Losi Nut drivers and they are great as well and are TiNi coated as well, but cost much more.

I have a set of Integy for standard and metric including the screw driver set and the glow plug one and the spring remover and love them. The TiNi is awesome, I have yet to replace any tip other than when I broke the .05" one when prying with it(My fault, Improper use) and they have removed thousands of screws and are at least 3 years old.

I also use integy but burrow them off a good friend. work great no signs of wear / weakness. Good product IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
I picked up a cheap Pittsburgh T-handle set from Harbor Freight and I'm quite happy with them especially for the price. I think they were like $16.99 or something but I can't remember. There is a stand for all of them, 9 metric from 1.5mm to 10mm, and 9 standard from 1/16" to 3/8". They have ball hexes on the long tip and a shorter standard hex coming out of the side of the "T" handle. I have used a couple of them extensively and they show no signs of wear even though I have stripped a few screws with them.

I have a few of the Team Losi Nut drivers and they are great as well and are TiNi coated as well, but cost much more.

I second the integy drivers. I have the progrip ones. Really nice and the only integy product I will ever buy.

EDIT- Here they are.... http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXPPF1&P=7

alex if you liked my drivers they are dynamite brand and costed me $15 for the kit

i picked the integey ones. i learned that you sometimes skip on good tools. i bought a set of bohunds hex drivers and they bent and stripped within the first month of me having them

i picked the integey ones. i learned that you sometimes skip on good tools. i bought a set of bohunds hex drivers and they bent and stripped within the first month of me having them

make sure you call them, bondhus has a lifetime warranty

Got the Losi metric set last week… can't tell you anything on their long-term durability but the build quality is awesome, looks very high-end compared to my previous Skya set that I bought on eBay for 10$. Worked great so far and with the ti-nitride coating I guess they will last a long time. Cost 35-40$ or so on eBay.

Got the Losi metric set last week… can't tell you anything on their long-term durability but the build quality is awesome, looks very high-end compared to my previous Skya set that I bought on eBay for 10$. Worked great so far and with the ti-nitride coating I guess they will last a long time. Cost 35-40$ or so on eBay.

got a link mike?

I have the Losi metric set also. It's a really nice set. I've had them for over a year with no issues. I had a cheaper integy set. The handles are "soft" aluminum and the set set wouldn't hold the hex bit....

Losi = great
Integy = avoid (I bet you've never heard "avoid" and Integy used in the same sentence before)....

How did you bend them? Were you using them as pry bars? lol The only Bondhus driver i have that was starting to wear is my smallest 2mm one but i just dremmel'd a few mm's off the end and i have a good as new driver, the rest are still as good as new after a fair amount of use.

its a good quality tools
http://www.absolutehobbyz.com/index.php?cPath=8_84

eds-199401s.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back