Help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bullwinkel

Hi hoping someone might have an idea on what's happened to my sons brand new firestorm rtr nitro. Basically had it running as per guidance, took it to local field after 10 mins of no issue running he parked it in the only puddle there! Water was in exhaust glow plug shorted electrics damp, cleaned all out dried, wd 40 through lines and head emptied fuel tank new glow plug all controls running but will not fire cord pulls and piston operates in stumped and not happy any ideas cheers

Hi jam yeah fuel is getting to the carb, but I'm not sure it's going anywhere else, tried to flood it but nothing I noticed the tuning pin was 1/8 anti clockwise to factory setting but I haven't touched it, it's also around -2 in my garage so got it warming up for now

Take a hair dryer/heat gun, etc. right to the engine and get it warmed up real good -2F is very cold... all the heat you can get to the engine will only help you!

Never hurts to toss in a NEW glow plug (compare it to old one in the ignitor before installing it to see how strong it glows)

Much below 30F is just a pain to run nitro's in. I haven't had one yet that liked starting when below 50F. I'd normally keep the truck on the floor of my 1:1 on the way to the bashing area with the heat on high and fan on high to kind of get it warmed up. That would usually get the engine up to 80F. Even then, get everything on and primed before you remove it to start it as it will cool off very fast. Especially in sub-freezing temps.

new glow plug
Check what kind of glow plug you have, there is different types of them for different heats. IF it's colder outside you would want to put a hotter glow plug in. It helps keep the engine hot in the colder weather. In warmer weather put a colder plug in, helps keep the engine cooler in normal summer temperatures.

Check what kind of glow plug you have, there is different types of them for different heats. IF it's colder outside you would want to put a hotter glow plug in. It helps keep the engine hot in the colder weather. In warmer weather put a colder plug in, helps keep the engine cooler in normal summer temperatures.

If you are changing heat ranges on your glow plugs due to outside temperature....you're doing it wrong. Assuming you are using the correct plug in the first place, you can run it all year long. Simply preheat your truck before running it. Though I still wouldn't run a nitro less than 30 degrees F. Glow plug temp ranges are adjusted because of fuel and compression.

Latest posts

Members online

Back