Help me pick one out!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bacon

So I do not currently own a savage. I am in the process of rebuilding my maxx with my nephew. It will be his when we are done. That leaves me without a monster truck. I was planning on a one piece at a time build of a bb t maxx.. don't hate on me... But I saw that hpi has the ss kit. Everyone keeps telling me id be better off with a savage due to my driving style... which is terrible. My sessions usually end with me picking up parts and pieces. I would ask what ssvage is best, but I know the answrs id get.. So let me ask what would you recomend for a first time savage owner? I love the thought of a kit and love the large looks of the xl. I like the thought og a gasser but from what I have been reading, I'm gonna rule it out right away.. Thanks for any and all input.

You will not regret buying a savage X SS. It's definitely the best base for any direction you want to take with it as it has pretty much all the upgrades given to the different savage models. If you'd like a bigger savage there is an HPI kit for converting to the XL TVPs. Plus there are a multitude of aftermarket options available.

The key though, is that the X SS is the only kit. This in my mind is priceless as you gain the most knowledge of your new RC when you get to build it. Besides, half the fun of a new RC is building it.

Stay away from the octane, unless you want to feel like taking a sledgehammer to your truck.

You will not regret buying a
You will not regret buying a savage X SS. It's definitely the best base for any direction you want to take with it as it has pretty much all the upgrades given to the different savage models. If you'd like a bigger savage there is an HPI kit for converting to the XL TVPs. Plus there are a multitude of aftermarket options available.

The key though, is that the X SS is the only kit. This in my mind is priceless as you gain the most knowledge of your new RC when you get to build it. Besides, half the fun of a new RC is building it.

Stay away from the octane, unless you want to feel like taking a sledgehammer to your truck.

savage X SS. It's definitely the best base for any direction you want to take with it as it has pretty much all the upgrades given to the different savage models. If you'd like a bigger savage there is an HPI kit for converting to the XL TVPs. Plus there are a multitude of aftermarket options available.

Would you happen to have pt number for conversion kit? I'm guessing its not as easy as getting tvp s and a body from a chop shop..

Could also buy a basket case off e bay and build it up the way you want to, I got my Savage for 120 bucks and spent a bit more building it up the way I wanted from the outset.....
either way ya go the Savage is a good fun rig to have.....

taking a sledge hammer to the octane......yeah, that's all they're good for. the x ss will not disappoint, and I agree with jam, I would defiantly buy a kit. now, for me, it doesn't matter, because if I buy a new rc, I disassemble it for fun. but there is a certain pride in building your own rc.

I would bid on that one for sure, looks like a decent platform to start out with, already has alloy shocks, hubs carriers on it, Not too sure on that shock tower I like a bit of flex in that area myself..... but if the price is right ya outta think on it .....

Coul
taking a sledge hammer to the octane......yeah, that's all they're good for. the x ss will not disappoint, and I agree with jam, I would defiantly buy a kit. now, for me, it doesn't matter, because if I buy a new rc, I disassemble it for fun. but there is a certain pride in building your own rc.
I like the idea of taking a rtr and tearin it down first..

If you get a decent radio prob a wash...I am thinking.. I bought an entry level system with multi model connection, but I can only get one receiver to bind to it.. Or else I could eliminate that cost..

if ur looking for a good radio, get the flysky gt3c, it's awesome at 50 bucks. ( has 10-15 model memory, lcd screen, etc etc.) i'm getting a hacked gt3c, wich has more memory, more channels, programmable buttons, sub-trim, stuff like that

here's what the hacked version has that the standard version doesn't

~2-8 Channels ~Assign ANY key to ANY function
~60 Model Memory ~Dual esc, 4WS, & Brake Mixing
~Trim & Sub Trim's ~ Multi-Position (2-8 True Pos,)
~Expo & Dual Rates ~Channel Turn & Return Speed
~End Point Adjustments ~Timers
~ABS ~Adjustable Inactivity and Low Volt. Alarm
~AND MORE!

That is what I bought, but only 1 receiver will bind to it for some reason.

I have the GT3B and have 4 models bound to it now. is pretty easy to bind several to it as long as they are flysky receiver units....

That is what I hear. But I may have a bad one. The one that did bind had a model number that ended in E all the others I have end in F. They were suspose to work but no luck. I ordered some that ended in E but they were shipped from China. 2 bucks each so I thought id wait.

When all your junk is in pieces and needs rebuilt like all my junk is, you have no need for a radio anyway..lol

I have 3 of em on the go one is waiting for some time; i have all the parts. As new parts come in I want to work on the good one all the time.
There's not a lot of sun these days so I get em out every chance I get.

Seems these days the mail lady has at least 3-5 packages every day..

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back