Help! HPI Savage XL K5.9 replacement engine

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Titch5487

Ok so my dad has a HPI Savage XL K5.9 and needs a new engine i am just looking for advice on what engines are compatible to purchase for this model! any help would be much appreciated.

Ok so my dad has a HPI Savage XL K5.9 and needs a new engine i am just looking for advice on what engines are compatible to purchase for this model! any help would be much appreciated.
You got a few options brotha..

Force engines make them all the way up to. 46!

They also have all the popular ones..

21,28,32,36,38 (I'm sure I'm missing some 😂)

They take 3,4 weeks to arrive but are great engines for the price! I know tons of guys running all versions of these engines with wonderful results!!

Lrp makes a 32 as well for around 200

I own 2 myself and the power and torque are impressive but their definetly not for the novice hobbyist cause they can be extremely finicky to tune and operate.. But once it's figured out.. Whewww boy..

Novarossi and picco have big blocks out there too, quality is absolutely top notch but be prepared to spend 4-600 for a good setup (without pipe 🥺) I personally, don't race and don't need alot of what those engines offer so I can't justify the purchase myself 🙆‍♂️

For the price and part availability..

A good dynamite. 28 (big red, etc) should provide you with plenty of top end and torque for under $200 (and the red head just looks cool 😎) dynamite has some really great engines that hold a tune forever it seems.

Pretty much ANY big block out there should fit in the XL platform...

How deep are your pockets? 😏

🏎️💨💨

Feel free to message me if you need anything further 🤙 braaap on brotha

Latest posts

Members online

Back