heavy metal build almost finished!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome lid man! Where did you get the pics from? Magazines? Or did you print them? If you printed them, what kind of paper did you use?

i just printed them out on reg paper but kick myself now i should have used a better grade photo paper to help prevent a lil of the bleed through i have on a few corners of the diamond plate pieces... but was first attempt with the lexan picture glue .. next one ill do better with ...

hey lyle idk if you took pics when you did it, but a "how to" thread putting pictures on lexan bodies would get a lot of mileage here :stickpoke:

I'm not sure if I made the how to thread or not I thought I did but was so sick when I did that truck and by the time p did the lid I was just wanting it done lol if I didn't ill get the pics I took and do a how to for sure but got to wait till I get my computer back up n running I'm on my phone right now and I can't copy paste or any thing good on it lol. But as soon as I can ill make the thread.

Just wanted to thank everyone that helped out in the purchase of some of the parts I needed for this build. And wanted to see if the pictures were still up. Saw a thread saying pictures get lost if not logged into the host site for 90 days. There still here. Ohhhh and the truck screams even with th weight its gained. Actually gets better traction in this sandy dirt I have here in the desert. Thx again for all the support and coments. Bash on guys.

Will do Freddy when I get computer. From vintagetone. He's sick right how so don't know when it might be. Don't want to bother him. Letting him send it when he feels upto it. I also have to put new bearing in the rear diff. Don't know if its the weight of the truck or what but it suRe eats the right side beerings out of the differential. Snapped a couple dog bones to. The xl heavy dutys. Might be getting a little to much traction. Ground was damp when it happend though. But as soon as I get a chance ill try posting a video. Only posted one once before. On this build. Bash on my friend.

What type rims and tires are those beadlocks that you are running...that is one of the nicest set ups that I have seen around.

Thx. The tires see hpi big Joe 40 series. The wheels see axial oversized 8 spoke in black chrome. The tire and wheel combo are massive. Need a nice engine to run them. They do good on this truck with the lrp z28spec3. This truck is a beast. The theme was heavy metal so used dump truck lid. Can't get much heavier than that right? And Eddie ironmaiden. And metal parts. And huge tires to finish the theme. Glad you like it. One of several of my trucks. Doing two more bUilds right now.

Thx. It has the aluminum to fallow the theme. Not sure what page its on can't remember. But it shows it complete. Its also in the gallery. I'm running a lrp spec 3. With Robinson racing spur and clutch bell. 16. 48. For a lil more power to pull the weight and the big joes.

wow! just checked out the pics of your maiden build, dude that thing is gnarly, i just recently put a lot of aluminum on my truck too, man its freakin heavy now!! but it looks great imo, now the test is to see how long it will last...lol

Thx. Its mearly a theme truck but I do bash it. I didn't do aluminum arms just so it don't tear out the bulk heads. Its really heavy but the motor and gearing makes it seem lighter than it is. It don't jump nearly as far or high as my other trucks but it is ballanced really nice stays flat in the air with put trying as long as I guy the jumps nice n square. Lands perfect. But when it don't it tears the shock ends up. To heavy for the plastic ends. I also only run it in rear wheel drive. To heavy to stop it chews the front pinion gear up so just left it rear wheel drive. Helps it turn on a dime to. Kinda like a stadium truck does. Its fixn to get tore down and sold off. Tying to get away from the heavy metal. I don't run it any more been running my sand dune trucks. A lot lighter with same engine.

how can i combine all my picturres in this thread into one post or something? they are scattered around cause i was sick for so long fighting with my damn seizures at the middle of this build .. is there a way?thx..

Members online

Back