having a savage nightmare...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaybob

so this is my first tvc chassis rc and I'm having big problems connecting the steering link to the servo..i noticed through a hole in the underside i could unscrew the link to the servo arm to connect it to the servo more easily. now I'm having a nightmare connecting the link to the main part of the steering setup. am i supposed to struggle for hours trying to get the screw back in via the underside or strip the entire front end down for the sake of one screw? its driving me crazy!

so this is my first tvc chassis rc and I'm having big problems connecting the steering link to the servo..i noticed through a hole in the underside i could unscrew the link to the servo arm to connect it to the servo more easily. now I'm having a nightmare connecting the link to the main part of the steering setup. am i supposed to struggle for hours trying to get the screw back in via the underside or strip the entire front end down for the sake of one screw? its driving me crazy!
Pics will help alot, I usually just remove the arm off the servo when doing maintenance.. not sure why you are struggling with this , hope ya get a couple clear pics so maybe we can help....

o this is my first tvc chassis rc and I'm having big problems connecting the steering link to the servo..i noticed through a hole in the underside i could unscrew the link to the servo arm to connect it to the servo more easily. now I'm having a nightmare connecting the link to the main part of the steering setup. am i supposed to struggle for hours trying to get the screw back in via the underside or strip the entire front end down for the sake of one screw? its driving me crazy!
Could you use a longnose set of pillars to hold the screw through the opening in the bottom between the bulkheads then do it up through the hole? Or the easiest way to remove the front end is to undo the 4 screws that hold the radio box to the TVP's and the 4 screws(2 each side) that holds the front on then take the front out complete with the radio box still attached. Pop off the skid plate and you will have complete access to the steering link. you will need to remove the throttle servo horn aswell. I must emmit they ann't the easiest truck to work on.
Like Jam 1 said upload some photos it always helps

I'm gonna try again tomorrow when i can see better. i attempted to remove the front end but the screw on the servo saver side just spins. i will try to sort some pics on next attempt.

If you mean the screw between the chassis and the bulkhead right behind the shock it screws into a ally rod that goes through the bulkhead on the old bulkheads its round and it is this that is probably spinning in the bulkhead. Put the screw back in the other side and do it up as tight as you can then undo the one on the servo saver side first it should undo, then take the other one back out.

good news guys! i managed to get the damn thing fixed. had to nigh on remove the front end to give myself room but its done and back together.
next question...what do you guys use to stop your sell coming off during a sesh...if i fllip mine travelling forwards all 4 clips will pull out and the shell falls off and when i turn the clips the other way round if i overcook a wheelie and land on the shell all 4 clips are out and the shells off yet again...i cant win no matter what way i clip them in. why would hpi make the clip holes in the posts point front to back??

good news guys! i managed to get the damn thing fixed. had to nigh on remove the front end to give myself room but its done and back together.
next question...what do you guys use to stop your sell coming off during a sesh...if i fllip mine travelling forwards all 4 clips will pull out and the shell falls off and when i turn the clips the other way round if i overcook a wheelie and land on the shell all 4 clips are out and the shells off yet again...i cant win no matter what way i clip them in. why would hpi make the clip holes in the posts point front to back??

There is enough meat in the nubs to cross drill them, or maybe try a small zip tie across the hood pin bottoms to keep them from spreading so easily... I found some nice locking ones while browsing the small hardware in my local ACE Hardware....

There is enough meat in the nubs to cross drill them, or maybe try a small zip tie across the hood pin bottoms to keep them from spreading so easily... I found some nice locking ones while browsing the small hardware in my local ACE Hardware....
good shout i will get the dremell out later and get them pointing the right way. thanks for the tip!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back