Having a hard time mounting Proline Trencher X onto Arrma wheels

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

InTheZone

Tires have a traxxas bead and the first two that I fitted to the wheels went on great. The bead fit perfectly in the wheel slot, got the entire bead to sit flush with the edge and glue.

Now I'm having an issue with the remaining two tires. The rubber compound is the same, but it feels much tackier. I could only get about half the bead to sit in the wheel.

I tried flipping the wheel around and the tires just didn't want to sit down all the way. I could see 2-3mm of bead sticking out. I saw some of the tires were poorly trimmed and had excess so I made sure they have a perfect circle. I took alcohol to all the tires, gently sanded to scuff the bead, and took a dremel with a fine sanding bit to further scuff the bead surface. I was able to get more of the bead to sit all the way but a lot left is still giving me issues. I still have another tire to prep after this, is there any quicker method to get them to sit well? I thought about using soapy water but I was worried that would affect the glue after the water dried.

This is such a stupid problem to have. After being out of the hobby for 13 years and using some proline products recently I'm not impressed at all, their manufacturing quality and QA for bodies and tires seems very cheap and lazy despite the price.

Maybe you could throw it in the fridge to cool it, might help make it less tacky. However, you may have condensation on it once you get the tire sitting properly, so may want to try and get it seated when cool, then let it sit a while to dry/warm up, then glue them.

Hi

As a last resort you could rub a thin layer of Thin CA glue on the beads of the tire.

Last edited:
I can try the thin ca glue method and test a spot before attempting a whole tire. If that doesn't work I may just freeze the tires to get them do shrink a tad.

I currently have my two mounted tires in a sealed bucket with acetone also inside, but in its own container to break down the glue. I mounted one tire backwards (ocd about tread patterns being the same) and another has a few spots where the bead isn't perfectly flush because it got sticky faster than I could align it.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back