Half Breed X 4.1

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mlijgib

The woman finally got me the sav x 4.1 for xmas. I do not intend on going full bash or full track. I like playing on both. I have a set of Dirt bonze and warlock rims coming in the mail for the days @ the trac. Just wondered if anyone had any advise for minimal chassy and shock configs for a descent perform when I'm @ the track and hold up for the bashing dayz.https://www.hpisavageforum.com/forums/images/smilies/Kill1.gif
:chainkiller:

I would stick w/ the stock shocks: but would dump the oil in them and put some like 50 wt in there also if they have spacers in the front loose them and just run the preload spacer on the springs on back.. (this will help the truck turn a little better....

Have Already taken off the spacers and put in 40 weight oil. Only thing else i have added is a duel break and a reverse gear for the bashing dayz.

I would stick w/ the stock shocks: but would dump the oil in them and put some like 50 wt in there also if they have spacers in the front loose them and just run the preload spacer on the springs on back.. (this will help the truck turn a little better....

50wt is way to heavy. try a 35 wt shock oil in the stockers with a soft and firm spring at each corner (orange and black or equivilant rates with different colors). you can loose the preload spacers off the shocks with the stiff springs but the ones with the softies will need it in place to stop the spring retainer from popping off.
when you get those wheels and tires, makesure to run a strip of ductape around the inside of the tire to stop them from balloning, the dirtbonze are pretty soft and move around alot to be really good on the track.
put the rollcage on and get the body sitting as low as you can.
run a fuel filter with longer fuel tubing so if you tip it over you have some time to ge to it (or the turn marshal:) )
if you have some extra pennies get a cheap pipe. this is one that i use on my 4.1 with very good results: http://www.hobbypeople.net/gallery/147102.asp . after that you can shave the steering hubs, throw some silicone oil into the diffs and get some alloy clutch shoes and a good steering servo to round it out. theres still lots you can do.:spew:

Latest posts

Members online

Back