Got myself a NEW toy!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jon

well went to the lhs today and picked up a new toy.
from what i can see the truck is solid, the only complaint i have as of right now is the fact that the differential is already leaking out that precious silcone fluid, sad thing is all i did was remove the truck from the box lol.

I'm going to the track tomorrow, ill let you guys know how it goes.

DSC02147.jpg

DSC02150.jpg

DSC02161.jpg

DSC02160.jpg

DSC02162.jpg

DSC02169.jpg

Did they actually fill the Diff with Silicone Oil or is it just Grease. I love that thing. Let us know your thought's after running it.

What battery's will you be running it with?

its silcone oil not grease, and i was planing on running 2s LiPo's but I'm told it wont handle LiPo so it wont be run till i get a esc that can... I'm not buying more battery's lol

Wow thats pretty pathetic if you can't run 2s LiPos on it stock, I'm pretty sure it can handle 2S LiPo's. The only reason it wouldn't be able to is Volts and if you can run a 6cell NiMH pack on it you should be fine with a 2S LiPo.

Of course for some reason I cant get to the Blitz on HPI's Site, but looking at tower's site it states that in the requirements that a 2S LiPo can be ran so with that stated I would assume its ok.

I also thought it was LiPo ready. I'm jealous man my freakin' LHS keeps telling me they can't get it yet. Seems like I'm always waiting on them. I should have it next week though and he always hooks me up with good prices so I can't complain... too much LOL.

How do you plan on breaking in the motor. It is a brushed motor if I rember correctly. Maybe it isn't a big deal on that size motor but when I used to race slot cars it was very important you got a ton more power and speed and if you didn't you would overheat the motor.

i got confirmation it can handle 2s LiPo so looks like ill be good to go.

as for break in method ill be using the cup of water method.

cant beat that new car smell. nice truck ba

the batt in the vids is a
smc 2s 7.4 28c 8000mah pack
thanks guys, got some plans for this thing but got to wait till the funds start flowing again.

the batt in the vids is a
smc 2s 7.4 28c 8000mah pack
thanks guys, got some plans for this thing but got to wait till the funds start flowing again.

you will be on the clock in ten hours... get on it

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back