Got my Savage XS....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

santiago

So I got my Savage XS today. Came with a weird looking remote, not the same one pictured on the box - feels real cheap. Now being a newbie I'm not 100% sure how this truck is supposed to act, but when adjusting the throttle trim is it supposed to take off?

Also, when you go forward and hit the brakes/reverse it has a delayed reaction...is this normal? Anyways...it was a blast running this little guy...but how long should I run it before I drain the battery?

Depending on the current settings, yes the truck could start to move if you adjust the throttle in the way to add throttle. The delayed reaction from going forward to reverse is normal and there to save you from blowing gears.

Depending on the current settings, yes the truck could start to move if you adjust the throttle in the way to add throttle. The delayed reaction from going forward to reverse is normal and there to save you from blowing gears.

He's right! If you want to adjust trim it may be easiest to do it with the truck on blocks.

As far as the remote, I've never seen the XS version, but most stock remotes tend to feel cheaper to me.

or if ya wanna save some bux get a FlySky GT3C I have the GT 3B and it is a sweet radio setup, and less that 50 bux total too... far far cheaper than most others out there and good quality to boot..... I run my Savage and XTM MMT on the same tx and spare receivers are about 12 bux from hobbypartz.com

So I got my Savage XS today. Came with a weird looking remote, not the same one pictured on the box - feels real cheap. Now being a newbie I'm not 100% sure how this truck is supposed to act, but when adjusting the throttle trim is it supposed to take off?

Also, when you go forward and hit the brakes/reverse it has a delayed reaction...is this normal? Anyways...it was a blast running this little guy...but how long should I run it before I drain the battery?

Yes it will take off when you adjust the throttle trim. You don't have to do anything with the throttle trim because it's electric and doesn't have a carb that needs adjusted.

Now what do you mean by delayed reaction. When your goin forward and hit the brakes there's a delay before the brakes work or your goin forward, hit the brakes, and then there's a delay before goin into reverse?

You can run it til the battery drains on it's own from use. The esc has a low voltage cut-off (LVC for future reference) built in for lipos so when the pack voltage reaches a certain point, it shuts down. The esc is still on, but when you give it throttle or reverse, it won't move.

Well I have futaba as well as airtronics and also have a flysky gt3b which works as well or better than any of them and for the cost point of 400 dollar units I will take the GT3B anytime :) 1/10 the price and as good a radio for bashers as one can get......

Never had a flysky so I can't comment on how well they are or aren't just found it funny that someone that just ordered one is commenting how great they are... before he's received his. ;)

Jam I'm thinking we might have to give one away in an upcoming contest. :)

Good Idea WoodiE, I use mine on my MMT and on the Savage.... just switch model and it works like a charm.... :) I actually got a GT2B 2 ch unit first for one of my 1/18 vehicles and liked it so much I ordered a 3b and just loved it.......

That's some statement for someone that just ordered one and awaiting it's arrival. ;)

Either way, I'll stick with my Futaba thank you. :D

This is my second remote so I'm pretty sure its the best bang for the buck for a basic 3 channel remote. I have bought one in the past and this is my second one. That is why I am sure of what i said about...its a sick remote in my opinion.

Love my XS...been beating that guy up trying to break it....Finally did!...Broke the front drivers side arm...at the hinge pin...what do you guys think of the Integy Aluminum hop ups...seen the kit for 100.00...was also thinking to change the turnbuckles...servo as well...

stay away from alloy arms. they will bend... some other alloy parts are great but puttin on arms that will bend aint too good....

Stay away from any alloy parts when the part is meant to be able to bend a little.

Things like engine covers/ cages, bumpers, wheelie bars, etc.

I hate aluminum parts, I have a fair bit of experience with metal parts bending every which way. A big NONONO in my opinion for aluminum parts are the following:

front/rear arms
front/rear bumpers
front/ rear skid plates

Latest posts

Members online

Back