Got my 5sc! Have a Question!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitrobashin

Just got my 5sc the thing is awesome. One question, all ive read previus to getting it said 5.4 floz of 2 cycle oil to 1 gal. gas. I looked at the oil bottle that came from hpi it says 3.5 fl oz. Will this bottle work with 1 Gal. or do i need to get less gas. It seems to me it should be ok if thats the supplied amount.I hope to have pics up asap and hopfully vid next week.By the way it is a 26cc engine.Please help,don't want to screw it up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

whats the book say the mixter is 20:1 40:1 50:1 what? then just use regular 2 cycle and mix the ratio right . you can run the mixter you have but itll have less oil.. being its brand new id use a lil less than a gallon and mix the whole bottle in so it has nice oil content being its going to be during its new life stages ..

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah i use sthil how ever its spelled and just mix to what it calls for .. they have some that if you mix the 1 small bottle to a even gallon it mixes nice and is good all around mixter.. but check the bottle see what mark is 25:1 how many ounces of oil to ad to 1 gallon of gas to get the 25:1 mixter.

Yep thanx thats what ill do!

Ill be getting some tonight. haven't run it yet so they will be pics of it new. Hopfully vids will be on the way next week!

For mixing oil i, i picked up a measuring cup from wal-mart that has the oz's on the side, and it has a lid. This will allow you to buy the oil in the larger containers and still get the correct mixture. I use mine for my boat but i don't see why it would not work for this application also.

Thanxs for the info sruce,thinkin of doin that. Now i know goin to get one wont be a waisted trip.

the bottle that comes with the bajas is only good for 1/2 gallon of gas. Pick up so good two stroke oil from the autoparts store.

Got another question any body know if the 5sc is water resistant. It does not appear to be but the snow wont stop. Ive had this truck for a week and haven't started it yet.So running in the snow is becoming a possibility if water proofing could be simple!Also is running these on a stand for a short time a good idea or will it hurt the performance later. I just want to fire it in my garage!

I'm not a big fan of running my stuff in the winter. I do believe the steering servo is water proof?? Another this is the water takes a toll on the stock bearings. If you do run in the snow make sure you dry it out well. I use compressed air and wd-40. Also its very easy to remove to radio box to make sure you get all the water out. hope that helps. also check hpibajaforum.com. ton of info there

Got another question! Ran it today for about 5min didnt want to get it wet in the snow. Just wanted to start it! Well shut it off brought back inside,MISTake,stunk up the house.Now it is in the garage where the temp. is about 15degrees f. Is it ok to store at that cold of a temp.Loved the thing even though it was only 5 min It was awesome!Cant wait for the snow to melt!

Fred, They are on here somewhere in pics thread.Cant get pics now I'm in a hotel.Plus the trucks in pieces at home.Illse if i can find pics.

do you have a mixing can?? Mixing cans you cant go wrong. You pick your ratio on the can, and you pour enough oil for how much gas you got

I personally run a tad more oil just to be safe imho it wont hurt a thing I got the 5b 2.0 LOVE IT!!

Latest posts

Members online

Back