Got 2 new Blitz's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeK1981

ChondroManiac
Just ran the 2 new trucks I got for my boys for xmas, and I have to say, they are very fun. Not the fastest things in the world but they do get up and go quite nicely even on the NiMH packs. They'll be plenty fast for my boys to learn with. They are about 3.5 and 4.5 years old. I tried running the batts forward and back in the tray and did notice a small difference in handling but I was running on pavement so it might be more noticable on dirt. I noticed the slop in the steering, I read about somewhere, when you go backwards without the wheels turned. It's pretty bad but does not do it when the front wheels are turned. I think RC Driver said top speed was like 23mph out of the box and that seemed very close to was I was seeing on flat pavement so they don't have crazy speed out of the box but they are quite peppy and accelerate quickly to that speed. Durability seems excellent so far. I didn't break the motors in, I just plugged them in and went for it and the performance seemed exactly the same out of both motors. All in all I think it is an excellent truck at an excellent price. Jake's Performance Hobbies, in Rohnert Park CA, still has two of them (as of yesterday) at $199.99. Not bad at all for a retail store. Any tips on initial setups or tweaks you guys have done to improve on anything? Lets hear your experiences so far tuning these things!

if reverse is a must put on the other front hubs that stops. but for fast sweeping corners the hubs on it are best. bashing it wont matter so toss in the others so reverse is smooth. 10.5 mill lol jk my 10 turn is too fast in it. I'm getting a 17.5 system to race it. other then that i think to bash it its ok out the box. I also upped my servo to a Ace ds 1313. but again mine is for the track only.

I took the factory installed spur of and stuck the smaller one in the bag I think it's like a 83 tooth and it really got faster out front in the street but died in the backyards grass . I think I'll tie a pallet to the back of the lawntractor and drag down a little flat oval for the winter

I've been looking at getting one of these myself. . . but also kinda waiting to see a Slash 4x4 in person before I buy.

Yeah but the price on these is half the price of the slash 4x4. The way I looked at it, was that these were so cheap it was hard to pass up LOL.

^Great point, money is always a big deciding factor for me.

I wish they came in a kit version, I have no use for the generic radio (sold the last TF-1 radio kit on eBay for $10) and would probably decide to upgrade the motor/esc.

Only draw back now is that I saw 1 of these the other day in person and it looked a bit slow- and he said he already converted it to brushless/LiPo. . .?

Hey guys, i just won mine at the NLRCMD points finale, where i won the big block championship for the year and my son absolutely loves this thing, my only question is what size LiPo is best for it.

blitz LiPo

Hey buddy I would run a 2s 20c 5000mah. I was asking around and this seems like the best choice. 20-25c maybe for the stock gearing.

Oh they love 'em man! Gotta get more batteries now LOL. Can't keep em charged fast enough.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back