Gorilla Snawt or Mobil-1 grease?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alex5

Toughie this one!

I'm just looking to take as good care as possible with my truck, need to make a decision on the grease now!
I have seen excellent reviews of Gorilla Snawt, BUT as I'm in the UK and he charges £££ for shipping internationally it's a bit of a luxury (1oz £5 + £15 shipping!). I have sent a question to the seller to check that price though.

OR I can buy two 10cc tubes of Mobil-1 synthetic grease and a tub of shock snot (o-ring lube) from a vendor in the UK for £10...

If anybody has any experience of either or both, please comment 'cause £20 for 10z of grease... is it really worth it??? (If it is I guess I'll pay)

As far as I'm aware, you can use both (GS or Mobil-1) for all the odd bits - lubing the o-rings in the diffs, the outside of the diff and anywhere else in the trans that you might want to grease... around bearings and a litlle bit here and there for shaft pins and so on. Not actually for in the diff itself, I use silicone diff oil for that.

The shock snot is supposed to help lubricate the o-rings in the shocks against the shaft. Don't really know if it's necessary or not.

From what I've read elsewhere on here the snawt is really good for quietening the pinion gears and trans. If the mobil-1 is as good I'll get that instead.

man just get cheep old grease from you local hardware store for those things. Also you want to leave the transmission completely dry. Use silicone oil shock oil in your shocks as well and it will do a fine job of lubricating everything.

man just get cheep old grease from you local hardware store for those things. Also you want to leave the transmission completely dry. Use silicone oil shock oil in your shocks as well and it will do a fine job of lubricating everything.

Maybe you have a point. I really shouldn't be thinking of spending £20 on grease!

As for the shocks, I have some Traxxas(!) shock oil. I'm guessing it's silicone although it doesn't say on the bottle? Still yeah I think that shock snot stuff maybe unnecessary.

Ok so the seller got back to me... the postage was wrong on the listing, you just have to request an invoice after doing the 'buy now' on eBay. The actual price for shipping 1oz out to the UK was $7 so $18 all in, so for 1oz grease that's still a good price.

I look forward to receiving it and writing up a little review :)

Latest posts

Members online

Back