Good Day for Crawling

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
W

whipnet

The weather was perfect for anything, so SunkenMetal brought up his spanking new SCX-10 and I had my AX-10.

I just re-did the rock garden for the season, the last setup was getting too easy. We made 2 piles and planned for a bridge soon.

By the time we left, Sunk rig looked as beat up as mine.

Here are some shots.

rg.2009-sunk-whip-1.jpg

rg.2009-sunk-whip-2.jpg

rg.2009-sunk-whip-3.jpg

rg.2009-sunk-whip-4.jpg

rg.2009-sunk-whip-5.jpg

rg.2009-sunk-whip-6.jpg

rg.2009-sunk-whip-7jpg

Bridge

Sunk and I started a bridge. Killing a Wednesday afternoon.

rg.2009-br1.jpg

rg.2009-br2.jpg

rg.2009-br3.jpg

rg.2009-br4.jpg

Sunk and I started a bridge. Killing a Wednesday afternoon. *

Didn't recognize the pickets until Sunk said "don't those look familiar?!" Those are the pickets we replaced :D :) hehehe :D :) ... well, had to work "really" late today, can't wait until the weekend to goof off :( yuck :( blah :-\

Nice , i can't wait to finish mine up , i had almost enough parts to build another one , my buddy is going to take that one.
SL.

Man, crawling is a whole different world. It's very relaxing. It's a total blast. I started putting money into it again for the moment. It sucks it down just as bad as the Savage.

Man, crawling is a whole different world. It's very relaxing. It's a total blast. I started putting money into it again for the moment. It sucks it down just as bad as the Savage.

LOL, I here ya i'm building a comp right now , just sold the stock axial . you should try the mirror trany mod helps torque twist . I'll post some pic's when done .sure miss my savy though:duh:
SL.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nice videos :) :resp: Sunk has been staining the fence the last couple of days and is having a sore back and a sun burn :( :duh: Fence is almost done :D :) :resp:

Nice videos :) :resp: Sunk has been staining the fence the last couple of days and is having a sore back and a sun burn :( :duh: Fence is almost done :D :) :resp:

Giving up the RC for a couple of days.. that's a sacrifice!!

Great vids , are you running the traxxas shocks & jato springs? lets see your set up ,body off. looks like you have it dialed!
are you running the 3 or 4 link set up?
SL.

Great vids , are you running the traxxas shocks & jato springs? lets see your set up ,body off. looks like you have it dialed!
are you running the 3 or 4 link set up?
SL.

Thanks SL63. Those are the Losi shocks run upside down. I am running a 3 link setup, but moved to a higher location to eliminate torque twist. (you can see it in the pic)

I am adding some Lunsford titanium goodies tomorrow so I'll take some fresh pics of it topless tomorrow.

vanquish-6.jpg

Nice Whip , don't waste your $ on the titanium . i have a delrin skid plate 45 deg cut that will locate your outer links to the inside. i'm going tru triangular set up . if your intrested in the plate i have pm me . it's new . just mocked up on my pro comp ,never ran. cheap. bought it from tcs. screws included. Also you can use bic pen housings & slide them over your links it will slide over the rocks a lot smoother.Cheap upgrade.
SL.

Thanks SL63.

This stuff is not too expensive. More to get rid of some of the green. It's only for the upper and steering links.

I might be interested in that plate and the bic pen idea is great. Got any pics?

Don't use the clickers . the cap type . pull it apart & you will be suprised , use the outer housing,they are a perfect fit . i use delrin high links. this is a inexpesive mod for just tooling around & saves your aluminum links. Draging aluminum across the rocks is like sandpaper. here is the skid plate.
DSCN0722.jpg

DSCN0701.jpg

SL.

We call that "Giving it character" lol :)

LOL ! I can't wait to post some pic's of my comp crawler i'm building , i'm going to build a rock garden for the wife heheheh . let's see rock crawler , small bbq pit & some cold one's . kind of breaks it up from nitro , don't get me wrong , Nitro is it man.
SL.

LOL ! I can't wait to post some pic's of my comp crawler i'm building , i'm going to build a rock garden for the wife heheheh . let's see rock crawler , small bbq pit & some cold one's . kind of breaks it up from nitro , don't get me wrong , Nitro is it man.
SL.

Man, you said it. But big BBQ pit and bourbon. :) The rocks are on the side of the house, not too far from the pit.

I like that skid plate. Links inside = much better.

Can't wait to see your rig.

this is starting to get my eye. looks fun to just chill and run a pack.

Bank, when I first heard of crawling, I didn't get it. But then I got my AX10. It was a great build and every hop up I did, I could see a difference in performance.

I "got it" the first time I hit the rocks. It's very relaxing. The high turn motor and 2.4 tx/rx make it very smooth. Sunk's caught the bug for now with his scale scx10.

I pillaged a good portion of my landscaping to build the rock garden last year. lol

Starting a trail around the waterfall and pond to connect to the rocks.

Even though Sunk's SCX-10 does surprisingly well on the rocks, this will only make it more fun for all kinds of crawlers.

trail-1.jpg

trail-2.jpg

trail-3.jpg

trail-4.jpg

trail-5.jpg

trail-6.jpg

thats pretty sweet. i was thinking about pickin up a ax-10, but i have a tamiya highlift i could four link and hop up a bit.

Building a trail around the yard. Set up a pretty cool course. Will get some 1st person video soon.

trail-b1.jpg

trail-b2.jpg

trail-b3.jpg

trail-b4.jpg

trail-b5.jpg

trail-b6.jpg

trail-b7.jpg

trail-b8.jpg

Building a trail around the yard. Set up a pretty cool course. Will get some 1st person video soon.*

They look pretty cute :) :resp: Sunk made a chocolate drink and now I wake up in the middle of the night and can't sleep :duh: Caffeine and I don't mix well :( :duh:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back