Goliath tires on Tremor wheels?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeK1981

ChondroManiac
I want to try this combo on my XL. It has the k5.9 in it still. My question is, will this combo be far heavier than my stock XL wheels? Will the size have a negative affect on my performance with this motor?

everything has a negative effect on the 5.9. JJ I have no idea I just couldn't resist posting the first thing that poped in my head.

LOL Yeah but with my heli and spare parts, 2 blitz's plus a bunch of small stuff for the savvy, I can't really afford a good mill, so I'm just gonna wait till I burn this one up LOL.

no disrespect ment Mike. We run what we have as long as it runs.

No prob man I know you were jokin'. I want to go all out when I get a mill like an ERCM picco .28 or something. If that didn't work out I would at least get a stock Picco .28, or LRP .28.

mike i would go down on the clutchbell or up on the spur if you do.......that's cheaper than clutches every so often....

but then again you have an XL....might be okay woth the stock.......you'll be able to tell after the first run.........

What I would really would like to know is how they compare to the stock XL wheels (Mag-8's I think) with the Terra-Pinns on them. They are not that much bigger, and I think you have more rim and less tire (ratio) with the goliath setup, so the weights may be very similar. I think the Goliaths are barely taller and just a little wider in overall outside dimensions than the Terra-pins.

What I would really would like to know is how they compare to the stock XL wheels (Mag-8's I think) with the Terra-Pinns on them. They are not that much bigger, and I think you have more rim and less tire (ratio) with the goliath setup, so the weights may be very similar. I think the Goliaths are barely taller and just a little wider in overall outside dimensions than the Terra-pins.

I own and have run both the Golaith's and the stock XL rims/tires.

The rims are completely different sizes so you cannot swap the rims and tires. The Goliaths are a low profile tire, so the rims are much larger.

For the height, they are almost identical. The XL's being about 1/2 inch taller.

For width the Goliath's are a good 50% wider.

And the weight, the Goliaths weigh in much heavier.

Let me know if you want some comparison pics.

Yeah some pics would be great as I have never seen them in person. 50% wider huh? that quite a bit, I thought they were closer in size. Do you think the extra traction would help my stock XL wheely or will the added weight make it more difficult? Right now I have it running really good and it seems that the mill and clutch are working great but now I'm fighting for traction at the rear wheels whether on grass or pavement. I don't really care about crazy wheelies since I only have the k5.9 but it would be nice to be able to do one from a stop at least. It does them now but the tires don't always hook up. I was mostly leaning towards the Goliath/Tremor combo for the looks anyway but I just don't want them to decrease the performance of my truck either.

Yeah some pics would be great as I have never seen them in person. 50% wider huh? that quite a bit, I thought they were closer in size. Do you think the extra traction would help my stock XL wheely or will the added weight make it more difficult? Right now I have it running really good and it seems that the mill and clutch are working great but now I'm fighting for traction at the rear wheels whether on grass or pavement. I don't really care about crazy wheelies since I only have the k5.9 but it would be nice to be able to do one from a stop at least. It does them now but the tires don't always hook up. I was mostly leaning towards the Goliath/Tremor combo for the looks anyway but I just don't want them to decrease the performance of my truck either.

No problem. I am at a clients right now, but I'll take and post a couple of pics of them when I get home in a couple of hours.

I could still wheelie with the Goliaths even before I changed my spur/cb to a 14/49. They are heavier and will make your truck feel a little sluggish, but I love them for BIG AIR. They are great to bash around on the jumps with. I put my badlands on they my truck feels real zippy. If you have the $$ get some, it's not like you are throwing your other tires away. I have lots of tires for mine, but I still run the stockers sometimes.

OK, they are closer to 25% wider. Here are some shots:

<IMAGES REMOVED>

Last edited by a moderator:
Less side wall would be good. They wouldn't feel so much like jelly doughnuts that away.

Yeah, I've only used the XL stockers once. SunkenMetal gave them to me way back when. Those things balloon standing still..! haha

Thanks a bunch for the pics. I think they will be fine. It looks like they are about a half inch wider than the terr-pinns but they are also more square shaped on the top and bottom so they look like they would have a larger contact patch, plus like the pope said they should have less sidewall roll.

I realized that after 3 different sets of "cool style" wheels that they just don't hold up unless you plan on keeping your sav on the shelf. get yourself a set of dish, glue them up and beat the ballz off your truck

I'm pretty happy with the goliaths on my 25. They don't balloon as easily as you might think, have more offset for stability, and have handled my noobish attempts at big air so far. Oh, and looks way cooler=faster.

I'm just getting the black tremor wheels the HPI chrome sucks in my experience. I have seen two sets of brand new mag-8s that the chrome was already bubbling and coming off of when I got them. I think these wheels will hold up fine.

Got it !

That's what I'm running on my Xl. I run on the street , ashphalt , gravel , grass . No problems they grip to everything . Had them on over a year and they still look new. I got a pic on flickr it's orange with the new era roll bar.
Getting ready to add on some more ! Wish I could post a pic but all I got is a iPhone right now

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back