1. Ask questions. Share your HPI Savage knowledge. Register TODAY!

Welcome to HPISavageForum, a friendly forum to discuss the Savage RC Truck.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
  • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
  • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting.
  • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Glow starter

Discussion in 'HPI Savage' started by Burky, Apr 12, 2018.

1. Burky

Burky New Member

Hi guys and girls finding a glow start with a good strong battery for my savage x any advice thanks. Burky

2. Jam Racing 1

Jam Racing 1 NPTB Monitor, Master of the known universe....
    HPISF Staff

3. Azsuveyor

Azsuveyor Member

Personally I like the Dynamite igniter. It even has a little volt meter at the top. It was 24.99 at my LHS.

4. js1badsti

js1badsti Member

I really like the hobico hotshot thats rechargeable--I think it is a little more voltage than the ones that take a battery--I have 3 of them.

5. olds97_lss

olds97_lss Well-Known Member

I use the AA sized heaters and I use energizer LSD 2050mah cells. Then I can charge a couple using an included wall charger or via my NiMH charger at .5A. One cell will get me through a break-in day, but I always carry an extra in my pit bag just in case.

Like this: https://www.amazon.com/Hobbypower-Ignitor-Igniter-Engine-Starter/dp/B075FH612K

Can usually be found on ebay for around $5.

The batteries are pricey'ish, this includes 4 2000mah AA cells:
    https://www.amazon.com/Energizer-Rechargeable-Battery-Recharge-Batteries/dp/B00IM3P8GS

Looks like they have some 2300mah AA cells available now too. Mine are all a few years old, but still work fine.

The "recharge" cells are LSD (low self discharge), so they hold a charge longer between charges. I always top mine off though before going out to bash, so can't say how long you can go really between charges if you don't use them. NiMH cells typically discharge quite a bit when not used. LSD's discharge themselves more slowly.