Glow Plugs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vmansavage

Good eve, I have just got a Savage x 4.6 and it’s been broke in and I was wondering what are or is the best glow plug for the $ I don’t mind spending coin on something as long as it’s worth it I have been looking at sticking with the hpi cold plug but would like to know some other good plugs that would be good that may or may not be a lil cheaper any help would be greatly appreciated....love this forum it has helped me out so much thanks for all who has made this forum possible.....

os no 8, mcoy 59, cheaper n4 plugs from far east, never had any real issues as usually its your tune which prematurely makes them fail. You pay more for brand names but do you really see any difference in performance or life span. Plugs can be a personal preference just like the fuel you use. Best to have a stock of plugs.

os no 8, mcoy 59, cheaper n4 plugs from far east, never had any real issues as usually its your tune which prematurely makes them fail. You pay more for brand names but do you really see any difference in performance or life span. Plugs can be a personal preference just like the fuel you use. Best to have a stock of plugs.
Thank for the info sir that’s what I was really wanting to know if cheaper plugs would hurt anything and what are some good cheaper ones to stock up on???

Any medium plug should work fine, it depends if you need urgently as local to you dictates your choice and price In these unprecedented times buying overseas will probably take a while. although I've had a few items from Asia without a long delay.

I run 25% and these seem to work well for me:
https://www.hobbytown.com/odonnell-medium-purple-sport-glow-plug-2530-nitro-1-odo002/p6961

Or the OS LC4 in my 21Tm, 18TM, TRX3.3 engines.

Considering how infrequent I drive nitro, my glowplugs have been lasting me years. Guess that's what happens when you start running brushless. I haven't burned 2 gallons of fuel in 3 years. When I first started, I'd go through 4-5 gallons a year. Just bashing on my own.

I run 25% and these seem to work well for me:
https://www.hobbytown.com/odonnell-medium-purple-sport-glow-plug-2530-nitro-1-odo002/p6961

Or the OS LC4 in my 21Tm, 18TM, TRX3.3 engines.

Considering how infrequent I drive nitro, my glowplugs have been lasting me years. Guess that's what happens when you start running brushless. I haven't burned 2 gallons of fuel in 3 years. When I first started, I'd go through 4-5 gallons a year. Just bashing on my own.

I use to run those odonnell plugs as well but you cannot find them anywhere now, everywhere is out of stock

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back