Glow Plugs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

savagecre

on my dynamite .26 motor, 1 gallon through it and started having issues with the glow plugs going out all the time thought about the fuel filter have i ever put it in back wards or did a piece of somthing get into the motor when i dripped after run oil so i got scared and tor it down all the way pulled the sleave and everthing totally cleaned the motor useWD-40 and 1500 grit wet or dry sand paper lightly scrubed the top of my blakened piston head till it was clean inspection of the top gave me a clue that the springs of the glow plugs during break in could have (a little ) piece bouncing aroud in there cuz there were some marks then after inspection nitro cleaned the motor i left the crank in and just nitro blasted it as i rotated the crank then dryed it and used after run oil to re coat al the bearingsre asemble it and now ive run the same glow plug for three days straight and for me thats great news cuz i was going threw them left and right like once a tank and the porting of the dynamite .26 is that of the instructions on how to port the hpi .25 so on my thread porting the .25 if those who are interested will find me posting my progress on the .25 as i move allong it will be a slow process as I'm the kinda guy who has to totally research every move but I'm planning on mabey a month to 6 weeks till completion..

Wow, do some people just not use punctuation on purpose? I didn't understand any of that and I'm sure if Site Jester is honest, he didn't either.

Yea... I think getting that carbon build up off the piston head was the trick bro. Good job. And don't get too smiley just because that 26 kicked a$$ yesterday. I still have some spur/cb combo's that should spank you back down in yo place. Peace Out

what! you couldnt read the words that were comin out my fingers, sorry bout that I"ll try to use punctuation from now on. I was in a hurry. I also went ahead and tried to correct some of my punctuation for you. hope it helped.

Last edited:
also running 30% nitro probably isnt good. can anynoe tell me if I swap back to 20% nitro what would happen. I should only have to retune it right?

Ok just that on the how to keep your slipper clutch in good shape thread it said I was crazy to run 30%

Where did you hear that 30% is not good? I think it's just right for your motor. Don't expect it to perform miracles. For that motor to be doing what it's doing now is pretty dam good, wouldn't you say? If you want more , get a bigger motor. geezzzzzz. But, be my guest. fill'er up with 20%. I want to see what your talking about.

You have to find the THREAD keeping you slipper clutch in good shape ).or somthin to that effect. and click on the posty ( the link that takes you to this place. read the whole page on slipper clutches its really informative even for me.

Oh sorry I'm an Idiot scroll all the way down. Click on next. then the thread ALL ABOUT GLOW PLUGS. It's in there .....Sorry man

Members online

No members online now.
Back