Glow plugs lasting 2 minutes then stop working

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Markjarvis3

Got a savage 25 and last 2 times I've tried to use it, the car runs alright for a couple of minutes then either cuts out or if I stop it running it won't start again, been through 2 brand new plugs, was thinking it's more than likely something on the tuning side maybe rather than faulty plugs,
Car seems to run all but perfect until plug goes suddenly

what temp is it outside where your at? are you able to preheat motor to temp with heat gun, it will help, also things to check, loose backplate for air leaks, clogged carb, loose head bolts, and is your motor losing compression when warmed up causing stalling, just giving tips on little info, these are things I would check.

Was about 13 degrees yesterday when running it I think, I've just had the engine out and checked all the bolts and that also, yeah I'll try warming with a heat gun but my other savage seems to run fine at temperature without heat gun so not sure, I'll check and try over things suggested, thanks!
BALL ACHE!!

What plug do you recommend I use , I run mine on 25% not but was running t on 20, was just thinking about that because it seemed to run for a while and fine with the 20% but could just be a coincidence?

oh another idea, I know its funny but I have messed up plugs not checking to see there is a spacer on glow plug, funny, but its happened to me

I was actually thinking that earlier and wondered about it, I'll have to check that mine has, hopefully it hasn't so then I know what the issue probably is lol,
Thanks

I didn't know the temp, in the cold I would be running a hot plug I believe

No you would still run a medium heat range plug.... if running in very cold weather wrap the head with some foil and preheat the engine to make it actually want to run....

Latest posts

Members online

Back