glow plug selection F4.6????????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SavyBeetleBasherXL

Hi there I'm new to the site! From Canada. Can some peoples help me with glow plug selection for my savage and maybe what temp is ok for consistant running. I'm new to the hobby and this will be my first full season of bashing.
currently I'm using OS A5 plug but burnt it out in two runs. Surely my carb tunning is that far off is it? I also plan on using Odonell #8 any suggestions would be greatly appr.........

I'm not the guy to help you on this 1 beetle, just wanted to wave at ya & say welcome to the forum bud. congrats on the savage.

Welcome to the forum! Type of plug will depend on the type of fuel that you are using. If you are running 20%, I recommend a McCoy MC-59 plug, if you are running 30%, a McCoy MC-8. Engine temps vary with each engine, but a temps around 240-260 are probably the average.

first off welcome to the forum, secondly i myself am just running a hpi glow plug (R4) WHICH IS A MEDIUM COLD PLUG!! and I'm still using the original one after a year so its held up well and I'm also in canada "ontario" may not help u much but wanted to welcome u to the forum anyway!!

i run a mcoy mc-59 which is a hot plug that i run with 20% and they last a pretty good while. but running your engine lean or too rich will burn out your glow plug so you are probably running to lean or too rich if you burnt that many in two runs.

Latest posts

Members online

Back