Geronimo's SH M28-p3 review

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geronimo

ROLL TIDE
Hey, to start off. i have heard quite a few people,dog the sh mill pretty bad.
but, i hardly ever listen anyway. so he we go.

FUEL... Byran's 2nd gen 30%
GLOW PLUG.... Mcoy #8
PIPE....ofna 086
GEARS.....16/47

THE FINER POINTS

HIGH END....Quick,darn Quick.....
8/10

Mid-Range...Smooth..no mid range bog. but with no mid range needle, it is what it is. with no adjustment.
7/10 ...for no mid range adjustment...

LOW END...torqued out beast. i could not beleave the power it had from a stad still. very impressed.
9/10

TUNING..easiest mill i have tuned thus far. idle is great. holds tune extremily well.
purrsss like a kitten.
10/10

PRICE..VS..PERFORMANCE..
straight out of the box, it is a blast.
10/10

Quality......did a complete tear down, before break-in.no issues at all.
very clean cuts, did lack a mid-range needle.
8/10

PRICE.....i paid $88 shipped...
10/10

FINALE THOUGHTS

I am pretty amazed with this mill. the price was great. it was one of the easiest break-ins, i've had the pleasure to do. i am on my second gal, and lovin it, so much so ....i have bought a second SH mill. it holds a tune extremly well. has tons of power. runs great at 240ish temp. the only draw back is the 2 needle carb.. i've read a post or two about the Sh mil not lasting as long as other mills. as to this, i can not comment on.... but if it blows at 4 or 5 gals. for $88.. what have i lost...peace

Last edited by a moderator:
i own a sh 28 black head 3 port and i can say i got 10 gallons out of it and still has life if i replace the piston and sleeve and crank as its has a shaved pin

great review!! reps sent!! I'm glad someone else has found out its a awsome engine and one of the cheapest as well!!!! would love to see a vid of it in action if possible.............

nice review ger, glad your havin fun with it and thx for takin the time to review.

can you add a link or pick?

also, what gearing did you run for these findings?

+rep

looks pretty good for for $80. i just saw what that guy wants for shipping & swallowed my gum. O.O

man, i never would have guessed.your just packed full of info bank.

Yea it was always said that they were but I took it for a grain of salt till I opened up my LRP 28 spec3 truggy and SH was cast into the bottom of the piston. Thats enough proof for me to take that from rumor to fact ... I don't see a 28 dyno sheet on Adams site so IDK if he has done one yet. I could call him but that wont get a sheet up any faster.

its the exact same engine as the xtm 457 as well and its a powerhouse of a engine...................

LOL.i'll try to get it this weekend.kind of crazy around here with thanksgiving..

hey just checking in, i still hav'nt compiled a video yet, my daughter totaled her car tue nite. alls well, just banged up some. thank god for volvo, there awesome cars. any we are car shopping, hop[fully another volvo. anyway i'll get it out asap, just bare with me. peace

ya they claim volvo's are actually the safest cars and they have come along way from the soap boxes they used to be!!.........

Great review.

What mills have you ran that you can compair it to?

I have thought about getting one to run for a cheep mill, I opted out for the Picco though, maybe next time.

Keep us informed as how it is running down the road and cant wait to see the video of her running.

I am glad your daughter is alright and walked away. Glad she was wearing her seat belt. Pretty sure since I have been on the Fire/Rescue team and been to several accidents I wear my seat belt pretty much all the time and before this I never did.

Latest posts

Members online

Back