Fun Bashin

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Savson

Hiya, me and a mate took our savys to an old bmx track,, its the first time i really let lose with mine...:D soo much fun, it handels everything so well,, i kept smiling even when my rear diff gears started eating them self's tooth by tooth, but the savage just grinned and carried on until [by acruate guessing :)] there was only one tooth left.. i've got a couple of pics and a vid,, which is a bit crap and one of my first jumps, i have some amazing vids on my camcorder but i cant work out how to get the footage onto my pc,, but i must of crashed 5 head hight jumps and landed the same, and no damage not even any scratches worth talkin about..SAVAGE IS TRULY A GOD :eek:
25-3.jpg

25-2.jpg

25-1.jpg

25.jpg

Savson

Last edited by a moderator:
lol :)
no its my mates camera, and he said don't worrie about the date its always been wrong :)

could you see the vid ok ?

that`s a nice place.
I see your not afraid to give it a serious beating.
I`m not jumping myself yet because I want alu diffboxes and bulkheads first.
around here in holand there aren`t so many places where I can let my savvy go.
an old bmx track is perfect.
I`ve tried to get on a bmx track myself but they won`t allow nitro cars on it.
obviously they don`t know what they`re missing...........

lol,,yeah i think I'm real lucky to have that place to goto, its a bit of a drive away but its worth it, yeah thats what i bought it for :).... i looked at the damage yesterday and it wasnt the diff, it was the 13 tooth gear the turns the rear diff :( much harder to get too, and I'm not sure why it went :p

do you know if alu bulkheads, diffboxes, diffs and bulkhead braces are available for the X?
I want those alu parts badly but I also want to upgrade my suspension to the X suspension.
I don`t want to take my cars apart too much,once they`re running they must keep running.
I`m not afraid to take my car or my engine apart but taking it apart and reassembling it too often doesn`t make the car any better.

erm,, i have no idea about the alu parts, and why do you want to upgrade your suspension ? do you have an savage X ? :p

sounds like alot of money to me:) mabye you should bash untill the bits break that you want to replace, unless you drive into a post at full speed your not gunna break both hubs the bulkhead bracers and 8 shocks,, and if you replace all though's bits you'll proberly still have to take your savage apart offten because of stripped gears bent dog bones and other small things, i would just bash untill it breaks, not spend all that money on perfectly good [and new by the sound of it] parts :(

I'm sure you don't need alu bits to jump like i did,,,my mate has totaly thrashed his, and the only bits that break are the auto start that he made for it, he has an original savage 25 and still has just about stock everything apart from some dog bones and gears, lol he even has the origonal shell,,,but it deffinatly needs changing :)

no I got the SS 4.6 but the X suspension arms are said to be both lighter and stronger and I don`t want to take the entire suspension & diff box apart when I need to service them.
you`re right about the lot of money and I have to break parts first before I replace them with better parts indeed.
I want those alu parts because I not only want to jump but I want a
BIG & FAAAST engine(axial .32, os 30vg or maybe the CEN.46 conversion kit) with a supercharger and maybe nitrous oxide injection.

there are a couple of places to get some high quality alum parts for what I have found to be the cheapest prices on the net not to mention they have more color choices. I am about to purchase a hole bunch of alum for my sav x just for the bling factor. Check out addicted2rc.com and rcxshop.com. addicted to rc has absolutely the toughest parts money can buy and rcxshop has all the color choices. the supercharger and nitrous both come from a shop that are full of BS neither of the systems do what they claim. Just stick with a big powerful engine and have fun

Latest posts

Members online

Back