Fuel treatment

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobbd

Hey guys i know this says for gas engines and works great but has anyone tried it in a nito engine? Ingredients are Petroleum distilliates and hydrotreated light.

DON'T use that in a nitro engine, those engines are built to run methanol and nitro mixed with some lubrication, if you were to run gasoline it would destroy itself in short order due to no lube....

At most... I add a shot of armor all to a gallon and shake it to kill the foam if for some reason I'm seeing a lot of foam in the tank/lines due to vibration. Sounds odd, but the silicone in it I think lowers the surface tension, so no bubbles/foam is formed.

Made a video of it 15 years ago because it blew my mind a little bit... as does looking at the resolution of a video from 15 years ago... lol

Olds do you still put armorall in your fuel to this day ?

I'm not as diligent about it. Back then, I ran trinity MHP and Sidewinder basher fuel. I'm not sure if it was the oil content or just the type/brand, but both of those tended to foam up a lot in my smaller trucks back then (xxx-nt and tmaxx 2.5). I'm not sure it was ever bad enough to actually warrant putting anything in the fuel, but I was new, saw that on a forum, tried it in my filler bottle just in case and noticed the lack of static bubbles remaining after shaking.

I do still put it in my fuel when I first open a new bottle and I always shake the bottle vigorously before filling my pit bottles. It's just so rare that I run nitro now that I've been on the same gallon for a couple years at least. lol! I'm guessing "foam in my lines" is the least of my worries. ;)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back