1. Ask questions. Share your HPI Savage knowledge. Register TODAY!

Welcome to HPISavageForum, a friendly forum to discuss the Savage RC Truck.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
  • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
  • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting.
  • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fuel Questions

Discussion in 'HPI Savage XL' started by Ferdinand910, Aug 12, 2018 at 6:32 PM.

1. Ferdinand910

Ferdinand910 Member

So I recently fixed the stripped clutch bell in my Savage XL and while I was doing a little bit of cleaning, some water has entered the gas tank. It wasnt a lot just enough to leave some droplets and a tiny pool in one corner if you tip the tank, I was able to get most of it out except for these small droplets. Is it safe to add fuel to the tank and run the truck?

Also, how long can nitrous fuel be good for? I have a smaller bottle of Backyard Basher I bought a year ago thats about half full and I have a jug of Blue Thunder that is at least 4 years old. Does nitrous fuel have a "life span" or can I just dump it into the truck and burn it?

2. Jam Racing 1

Jam Racing 1 NPTB Monitor, Master of the known universe....
    HPISF Staff

You can store fuel safely for a couple of years as long as it is in a COOL Dry place and not sat on a concrete floor, Nitro fuel is Hygroscopic and will actually pull moisture right thru a container so storage is subjective to say the least....

You can tell by smell if it has evaporated the alcohol in it and is unusable in most cases... if in doubt I would say to get rid of it and start with known good fuel.....

3. SavageDarwin

SavageDarwin Active Member

You could also add a small amount of fuel into tank, allow it to mix with water then dump it out.