Fuel consumption

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Virgilbigfish

I bought a used motor its a Dynamite 21 and starts right up won't stay running it just spits gas. Like a hole tank in a matter of minutes but it will start right up then flood out I leaned it out HSN didn't stop spitting out gas. Before I messed with it too much I posted thread.is one of the needles wore out?

Also in buying new engine for Savage X is LRP 32 to much motor? Would 28 be better, more controllable? thanks for feedback love the forum be lost without it.

@Virgilbigfish I'd start by setting the needles all back to factory settings and go from there. Also double check and make sure fuel isn't be leaked out anywhere from the fuel tank, lines, or engine itself.

The cheaper dynamite engines aren't known for their longevity. It may be wore out. Try what @WoodiE suggests, but you may need a replacement.

Depending on tires/gearing/area, the LRP28 will do well in an X. I ran one in mine for a while but had issues with it, then got the LRP30. To be honest, the 28 gave me better top end and with the short chassis had plenty of torque for wheelies with 17/47 gearing and traxxas 3.8 t-maxx wheels/tires.

I replaced the 28 because I was having tuning issues that ended up being a leaking fuel tank. Go figure. I just never bothered to put the 28 back in.

Latest posts

Members online

Back