front drive shafts for the suspension conversion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

racer86

When you start modding the steering for more turing raduis you start having problems with the dog bone poping out under bumps or hard steering. Itill one day i came across an duratrax raze st and i robed the drive bones and the size was perfect. I still can get all the traval in the a-arms and no more pop outs. . But you have to run the 17 mm hex conversion and run the savage x cups.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXRUJ6&P=7
:hpisf:

bump for this.?

Just wondering if you have any updates as to whether these survived???

The shafts look beefy. According to tower, they are 5mm thick, about the same thickness as the FLUX dogbone. I'm interested to know about the durability too.

I think you mean the axle diemeter is 5mm which has to be the same size as a flux and most RCs to allow the axle to sit in the hub bearings...

I'm more worried about the thickness of the shaft... looks a little on the thin side... but maybe shouldnt be too much of a problem if it is good quality steel?

I can see something like this holding up on the front wheels on a flux as the front wheels pull and do not push... but i cant see them lasting long on the rear... i would most likely on install these on the front and use the stock SHD shafts on the rear.

I think you mean the axle diemeter is 5mm which has to be the same size as a flux and most RCs to allow the axle to sit in the hub bearings...

I'm more worried about the thickness of the shaft... looks a little on the thin side... but maybe shouldnt be too much of a problem if it is good quality steel?

I can see something like this holding up on the front wheels on a flux as the front wheels pull and do not push... but i cant see them lasting long on the rear... i would most likely on install these on the front and use the stock SHD shafts on the rear.

No I'm referring to the shafts. as stated by tower, they are 5mm, same thickness as FLUX dogbone. most 1/8th and MT use 8mm axle. the hub bearing size is 16x8x5. 8 being the inner diameter, 16 is the outer and 5 is the thickness.thus the axles are 8mm thick.

Latest posts

Members online

Back