Front differential missing screws?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agold2009

I have a new Savage XS Flux and was upgrading to center CVD's and noticed that the front diff is missing two screws. Does everyone else have the same screws missing or was something forgotten during manufacture?

Or am I missing something and not looking at the diagram correctly

Attachments

• IMG_0518.JPG
    IMG_0518.JPG
    103.1 KB · Views: 1
  • Diff.png
    Diff.png
    481.3 KB · Views: 1
Looks like those 2 holes are for a sway bar setup, which appear to be an option on your version of the XS.....

Hey....what's the advantage of a sway bar? So it "helps reduce the body roll of a vehicle during fast cornering or over road irregularities" - what's the actual effect out in the field? I presume it would corner more precisely, but wouldn't it be more likely to flip?

Hey....what's the advantage of a sway bar? So it "helps reduce the body roll of a vehicle during fast cornering or over road irregularities" - what's the actual effect out in the field? I presume it would corner more precisely, but wouldn't it be more likely to flip?
The advantage is absolutely flat cornering. The downside is that it will traction roll much more easily at speed. Personally I have more issues keeping the front end down on acceleration.

Latest posts

Members online

Back