freddy's D8

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frddyj

skored this roller for a pretty good price on ebay. came with rims/tires mounted, bag of parts, manual & a decent body. Thinkin' about a tekno conversion to b/l for winter and maybe a nitro set up for summer.

might trade the tekin system if someone has a AB racemod .21 jammin', jp4 and starter box to trade for it.

DSC_0874.jpg

DSC_0875.jpg

and yes, I'm aware that my floors need re-finishing but if you had to watch your wife and kids drag what they do across them youd hold off too ;)

id have to throw it into a mud puddle caz it aint got no power.... rack em!

I had to read that twice. I thought it said something like you wanted a nitro setup? Why nitro for summer and b/l for winter?

yeah, i gotta have at least 1 nitro caz my son has the hellfire which is nitro and he wants me to run one with him.

might grab a jammin crt .5 or some other 1/12 or 1/18 and keep it simple, idk.

yep, 1900. i'll take a pic of the V4 when i finish putting it together. hopefully tonight. i started last night.

You gonna run 5s or 6s?

And how did you get back tekin stickers!!!!! I got red, blue, gold and yellow.:(

its rated for 4 or 5. 5s just shy of 33,000 rpm which will be more than plenty.

the stickers just came in the box. id be willing to bet if you called customer service theyd send you a sheet.

Ive already been waiting 2 1/2 weeks for a replacement fan for the rx8. Not gonna complicate anything and slow it down anymore.

Nice motor fred! I was wondering for buggy's don't you want higher Kv motor due to the fact that the lower Kv motors may want to pull the wheels up ?

i wondered the same thing, but actually no. I deferred that question to Randy Pike of Team Tekin and he matched the motor according to the voltage i planned to run (taking the gearing into consideration).

i didnt mess around with guess work, i went right to the pro ;)

i wondered the same thing, but actually no. I deferred that question to Randy Pike of Team Tekin and he matched the motor according to the voltage i planned to run (taking the gearing into consideration).

i didnt mess around with guess work, i went right to the pro ;)

Ok thats good to know =) i am looking to get a D8 to make it electric ( i heard that the Ve8 is having problems due to the fact that the chassises is plastic) I'm curious how you will like your conversion, i was thinking about going with the monster kit my self

tahts cool sudi. if you decide to go with tekin, id recommend hitting randy up for his advice. he has a lot of knowledge about b/l electric in general and is the expert when it comes to tekin. He was very willing to help us buy the correct system to meet our needs.

this thread is starting to remind me of another build thread of a carbon flux.

yep. i agree. this is how i build em. take my time, save up the coin and buy each piece that i really want. family obligations don't allow me to run out and buy everything i need and once and i refuse to cheap out and build a turd that i didnt really want.

Scored a Hara Edition body, wing & stay for cheap $$ on the bay:

IMAG0306-1.jpg

IMAG0305-1.jpg

also, my 4mm bullets arrived today. just need the wet noodle to arrive and i can solder up.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back