frddyj baja 5b ss

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frddyj

yep. said id never own one but i guess you truly never should say never. here is what i ordered from DDM today:

HPI Baja 5b SS Kit 1/5 Gas RC Buggy

Turtle Billet HD Tranny Mount GUNMETAL
Turtle Racing HDTop Plate GUNMETAL
Darksoul V2 Axle Extender Set for HPI Baja 5B/5T
Team Chase Carb Diaphragm Filter
GBE Velocity Stack for Stock Filter HPI Baja 5B/5T
DDM "Black Magic" 6v Ni-MH 4600mAh Hump Receiver Battery Pack
ht160 Team Twisted RC (Yamadude) Throttle Linkage Set for HPI Baja
Baja Outerwears 5b stock filter Cover BLACK
Pull Start Cover - OW Black
LED for Killer Bee Kit (Blue)
Killer RC v1 "Killer Bee" Failsafe / Soldered Kill Switch Combo

Nice fred!! Hope your gonna be able to carry that big ol box? :stickpoke:

lol @ $50 for shock shafts. but yep i need em so into the wishlist they go.

frddy drive it and replace when smth broke.Baja in stock form isnt so bad...

thats kinda what i had in mind. reason were talking shock shafts is ray's baja shock pulled apart on the first out from a gentle roll and was not fixable.

not a bad idea to buy some shafts that have the option of replaceable ends before i spend the time of putting the shocks together.

Ya true if you have intentions to bash look after shock limiting straps.You can make them yourself or buy premade ones like killer rc and some others..

About shocks innovative rc have shocks for baja with 8mm shock shaft and instaled umbrella seals.But honestly i kinda dislike them cause of some plastic parts altough it is super hard plastic and i haven't heard someone break them.

those are cool shocks. retarded price tag tho. prolly worth it.

Turtle HD Shock Mount GUNMETAL V2
Turtle HD Front Mount Gunmetal
RPM Rear Skid Plate for 5B/5T
Killer RC "Killer Cables" Suspension Limiting Cables - BLACK
i SWEAR this is it for now... cha-ching $106.00

lol looks like a road ive recently been down. nice choice on upgrades fred. my stock shafts have held up great. was your buddies the v1 baja by chance? those were know to be a weak link

lol looks like a road ive recently been down. nice choice on upgrades fred. my stock shafts have held up great. was your buddies the v1 baja by chance? those were know to be a weak link

not sure but its judicator's 5t and bank rolled it & the shock crapped out. I'm wondering if the killer rc cables will solve this issue. i "borrowed" that idea from your build and its $30 for these vs $100 for shafts so we'll try the cables first.

5T have newer ones...Ya killer kables limit travel so shocks cant bottom out and shafts couldnt be pulled out.

box load of un-assembled parts should be here by friday

Christmas in April...I like! The baja has by far been the most expensive r/c I owned. I thought 1k Ill keep it stock, that lasted about two days. I have double in upgrades what the original price was. Trying to get these bulletproof is tough, especially when you upgrade the engine. I just got my full mod 30.5 OBR engine broke in...next weekend and half a tank later I DESTROYED the inner drive cup, I couldn't even pull the dogbone out! Stock cups are relatively cheap but you know I can't go that route so another $55 for phatdad cups.....never ends!

I thought 1k Ill keep it stock, that lasted about two days.

hahaha lefty, i thought the same thing, don't even have the car yet and made a second order for over a hundo. I'm in a a little over 1300 so far and don't have it yet, maybe tomm.

Latest posts

Members online

Back