flywheel pilot nub problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

f1n3sse

Hey guys i bought a savage 30mm vented flywheel to go on my k4.6 and a mugen pilot nut. i also am trying to install nova aluminum clutch shoes with mugen 1.0 springs but the springs are not seating in the groove of the pilot nut properly.....they are angled. I know this isnt correct any suggestions? the flywheel is SAV110008M3 if that helps.

Thanks,
f1n

sorry my camera is trash its all blurry. the pilot nut needs to come forward a few mm can I just throw a washer or 2 behind it?

I do not think it would a problem, but I am really not sure since I have never had this type of problem. I am sure someone else will post and let you know if that is ok.

yeah i guess ill have to wait thanks though allan. I'm pretty bummed out just got the new shoes in today and i want them on NOW! haha ill sit tight

when i compare the stock flywheel the the new vented flywheel there is a a piece molded to the stock flywheel in the center that allows the pilot nut to sit the extra few mm out. the new flywheel is flat in the center taking away those extra needed mm's. i guess if someone reads this and says its ok to shim out the pilot nut I will do so and if not i will have to go back to the stock flywheel, but not before i take a 3/8 titanium screw bit to it and make my own kustom vented flywheel :)

I'm just going back to stock flywheel

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Members online

Back